Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Holley 4150 with electric choke. I already adjusted the fast idle to close when the engine is cold. The problem is when the engine is already in normal working temperature, the choke doesn't open all the way so I had to re-adjust the round choke adjustment on the side again by loosening the three screws and turning it until the choke valve closes all the way. Now when the engine gets cold, the choke doesn't close all the way. Now what? Also had problem when the engine is warm and if I turn it off for 15 minutes then start the engine again, the choke isn't fully open again so I had to adjust it again to open it all the way. This will result in the choke not closing all the way when it's cold. How do I make adjustments?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WHERE are you getting the voltage for the choke from? Are you sure you HAVE voltage to your choke. DO NOT use the battery side of your coil. That choke likes a full 12 volts. Don't use the back of the alternator either, as the 14 1/2 or so volts there will cause the choke to burn out prematurely.
After all that,,,,,,,I don't know if that could be your problem or not. I'd set the choke with the engine stone cold, turn your bakelite choke housing til the choke butterfly just closes. If it's getting 12 volts to it, and it still won't completely release for you, I don't know what else to suggest, without seeing your actual set-up. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts