Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a search for the correct Autolite 2100 carb as my '66 has a 70's Motorcraft on it now. What Venturi size am I looking for or how can I find out.
'66 289 2v.
Also I am finding carb decoders that say #Letter# as in 6C1 for 1966, March, 1st Day but I've also seen #LetterLetter, 6CA, 1966, March 1st Week.

Which would be correct on a tag or is it dependent upon whether it's an Autolite or a Holley?

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
One letter/number configuration may be on the tag, another on the carb foot or body. Your car should have an Autolite 2100, probably not much different than the Motorcraft 2100 you have now, and Holley didn't make carbs for this vehicle but did have a division to remanufacture carbs of all types. If you're sticking with the 2 barrel intake, and it runs well, no need to switch unless you're just going for show points or for purity's sake. The 2100 is one of the best carbs ever built.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My current carb according to the Motorcraft number is for a truck. That and I'm a purist at heart. It needs an Autolite 2100.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts