Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new '69 windshield has the Carlite logo printed so it reads correctly from inside the car. All the other (original) glass on the car has the logo printed to read correctly from outside the car. Can this windshield logo be correct? Supplier swears it is correct.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Could be. I have a repo windshield but my back glass is original and it has the carlite logo that reads from the inside, however, all my other glass has the carlite logo that reads from the outside. Sorry, hope this helps somewhat.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It is read from the inside on my 68, front winshield only

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a relief - thanks! I didn't notice it until the windshield was in the car, so it was going to stay right or wrong. Sounds like it is right though.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have a new ford manufactured windshield on my 67 coupe, it cost a pretty penny but its original, the carlite is read correctly from the outside of the car and backwards from the inside of the car. It could just be the repro pieces that are backwards, but im not sure there dosent seem to be much of a pattern here, the rest of the original glass is also the same, read from the outside

·
Registered
481 Posts
The original glass on my 69 mach1 is the same, Carlite logo printed so it reads correctly from inside the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts