Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I heard from a couple of sources CMP is starting a complete paving project for their track in Kershaw SC Monday 6/22. We were told for months that it was coming, but from what I have heard the paving was delayed by final purchase issues and that the new owners have been leasing the track for the past several months. I believe the repave is just for the 2.23 miles of track that they currently have. There were rumors earlier that they were going to expand the course off turn 8 to include an additional mile of track, we'll see.

I may ride by next week to see for my self..

·
Registered
832 Posts
Their website confirms the repaving. Looks like a nice track for sports cars and such.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,531 Posts
When I was there in March they discussed this at length. At that time it was the main track only with no expansion. The same company that Barber two years ago is doing it and they are gettin the same polymer based asphalt that Barber got. It will make a good track an excellent track just as it did Barber. The original completion date was supposed to be mid-September. It sure if that has changed. That was my completion date goal for my new car, but finances might prohibit that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main complaint I had about CMP was tire wear and poor grip. I am hopeful both of those will improve. I could probably run all year or 2 on a set of tires at VIR, CMP does them in in 3 weekends. I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heavy equipment is on site. FYI Mustang club (CRMC) event is scheduled for 10/10-11 with an optional track day 10/9. I am signed up for all of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts