Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for Carpet kits at the vendors websites I notice that several offer the deadner kits for about $55. They also offer the heat shield type of kits for $175. Is thier that significant of a difference to justify the extra $125 bucks? I don't recall the floor on my FB being that hot that it is of a concern for me, I could understand it maybe for the FE guys but a stock car? What have you guys experienced?

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
I used to just cook my feet until a friend convinced me to put heavy duty aluminum foil under the carpet, shiny side down . It worked ! !

G

·
0 Posts
Man, I got a whole roll of sound deadener/heat shield combined from JC Whitney for about $75. Cut it to fit and you have enough for two cars at least!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I used the Quality Heat Sheild product from Mustangs Plus, used about a roll and a half. I also used the regular sound deadener kit on top of the heat shield. I was getting alot of heat from the drive train area. Now, very little heat and much less noise. I also put a dynomat-type sound deadener in the doors and interior quarter panels. Probably spent about $200 on everything but made quite a difference and how cool the interior is. Cut down on road noise as well. I would definitely reccommend this approach. JC Whitney and McMaster Carr also sell heat/sound shield type items as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts