Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide which type of carpet to put in my '70 fastback. It has the white interior, and to try to get rid of the harlequin black/white look, I'm installing gray carpet to serve as a gradient between the white seats and headliner and the black dash, etc. Motor South Carpet offers the original 100% nylon loop in gray, but they also have gray in a cut pile.

Which do you think would look better? Some of the European cars had already transitioned to a cut pile style carpet, and I feel like it would look better after a few years of wear than a loop carpet would (Just going on experience; my '66 Fairlane got new carpet and it faded and pilled up in places within two years). Do you think the cut pile would look like a classy upgrade, or do you think it would look out of place?

(I should clarify that this is a very close-cut pile carpet, not anything like a shag carpet).

-Joseph K

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I went with cut pile and it looks great. (still in the box or I would send you a picture) Much more elegant looking and softer feeling. I would do it again in a second.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I ordered custom cut pile carpet from Auto Custom Carpets - http://www.accmats.com/

I really prefer it over the old loop style.

Tim

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
After getting 3 different samples from MotorSouth Carpet, I purchased the restoration loop carpet. The cut pile was nice, but I think it's a bit too modern for the classic Mustangs. I'm very happy with the quality of the carpet from MotorSouth Carpet.

Here's a Link.

If you're looking for cut pile, MotorSouth Carpet has a great high end cut pile option.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I've never heard of Motor South Carpet. Anyone have any input as to how they stack up against the 2 other major manufacturers?

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts