Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever go to the Saturday morning car cruise they have out there in Irvine?? It brings about 3 to 400 cars of all make each week

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Nope - more info, please!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Every Saturday from 7am to 9am. The group originally started at Crystal Cove in Laguna Beach, but they had to stop. Then Ford opened their parking lot to the group. It is off Alton Parkway and the 5 freeway. Everything from classics to modern.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kspQwUpVbJU

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Ah, thanks.
I thought it sounded a lot like the Crystal Cove gang, but I didn't know they had moved it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Alot of high dollar cars there. I'm more into classics, but I think I'll take a gander at it sometime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was there last Sat. and believe it or not, there is a sold base of vintage cars. I'd say a good 30% Quite a bit of corvette racers. I may head out there this saturday.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mustangfeverrr said:
Ah, thanks.
I thought it sounded a lot like the Crystal Cove gang, but I didn't know they had moved it.
I don't remember all the details but there was an article in the local paper about a year ago. The owners of the Crystal Cove shopping center and some of the store owners didn't want to put up with the noise and crowds so they "asked" them to stop coming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went today. It is a very good showing. There were several vintage mustangs there, but we need more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts