Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen a Cars & Coffee thread here, so figured I'd post one.

The Cars & Coffee near me has gotten huge. There had to be over 1,000 cars there this weekend. Was just looking at some pics on facebook and saw these great shots of Brad's car (@4ocious). Post up any pics of Mustangs you've seen at your local Cars & Coffee.

Saw the pics below at this page: Maximum Performance Productions

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Haven't seen a Cars & Coffee thread here, so figured I'd post one.

The Cars & Coffee near me has gotten huge. There had to be over 1,000 cars there this weekend. Was just looking at some pics on facebook and saw these great shots of Brad's car (@4ocious). Post up any pics of Mustangs you've seen at your local Cars & Coffee.
Dan,

NICE!! Where was this, Durham? There are a few smaller ones here in Greensboro area, but the big one's are still down.

-Shannon

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan,

NICE!! Where was this, Durham? There are a few smaller ones here in Greensboro area, but the big one's are still down.

-Shannon
First Saturday of each month. On page road about a mile south of I40.

I’ve got friends that go to the one in Greensboro. I need to get over there for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Radar
6,837 Posts
Ain't it the truth? Two years ago this C&C was like the other ones around our area, maybe 200-300 cars would show. Then this one just south of Durham in Morrisville just took off. Pre-Covid drone footage was showing well over 1,000 cars, and now it's back up there again. They didn't miss your FF Dan:

And the "Adventurestang" was there too. Dan and I met the family and chatted a few minutes:

And another pic of mine showing closer detail than usual: :)

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,273 Posts
My son and I went to our first c&c this Saturday. Had so much fun, over a hundred cars there of every genre.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I haven't been to one in years. They lost their spot, it moved around for awhile, I lost track. There were always nice Mustangs and other muscle cars. I liked the odd ball or really unique stuff that would turn up. The Tucker that would be there a few times a year. I remember a 1918 Opel. An Auto Union panel truck/van. There was a gmund porsche. All neet fun stuff to look at.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
To be honest, I dislike Cars and Coffee. Every time I have gone to the one near me, all I see is cars that are bought, not built. Oh, a Ferrari J50? A McLaren? etc etc etc. Even the low end of the types of cars I see there (Subaru BRZ, etc) the owners have either done nothing to them, or they have paid to have a shop to the work. The only real exceptions I see(aside from the odd builder here and there) are the rat-rods...those are always owner built and get most of my attention...but its sad because aside from people like me...the rat rods with the most owner fabrication get the least attention of the cars there.

Because of that I actually enjoy the "import" scene more. (I use that word loosely since there are often all kinds of cars that show up to those meets). Those guys are far more likely to have built their own cars, even if the execution sometimes leaves much to be desired...the drive to do it themselves(IE, the hot-rodding "spirit") is a lot stronger.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
To be honest, I dislike Cars and Coffee. Every time I have gone to the one near me, all I see is cars that are bought, not built. Oh, a Ferrari J50? A McLaren? etc etc etc. Even the low end of the types of cars I see there (Subaru BRZ, etc) the owners have either done nothing to them, or they have paid to have a shop to the work. The only real exceptions I see(aside from the odd builder here and there) are the rat-rods...those are always owner built and get most of my attention...but its sad because aside from people like me...the rat rods with the most owner fabrication get the least attention of the cars there.

Because of that I actually enjoy the "import" scene more. (I use that word loosely since there are often all kinds of cars that show up to those meets). Those guys are far more likely to have built their own cars, even if the execution sometimes leaves much to be desired...the drive to do it themselves(IE, the hot-rodding "spirit") is a lot stronger.
Agree with you on some of the new exotic stuff. I just figure there is only so many places they probably feel good about parking it and leaving it for awhile. C&C is probably a good place and the owner may be with you checking out the rat-rods. I did see a McLaren at costco during the pandemic. Not sure what they were buying at costco that would fit in the car but, ok.

The older ones are fun to look at. Less tech, more car. ( I was never one to wander around taking lots of pictures but I found a couple) Yellow car is a Fiat Dino. The Fiat is the cool one.
Dinos.jpg

One of the first 49 that wore the Porsche name. I like the little details. The art deco vibe to the trim. Flush door handles, no side mirrors, semaphores.

gmund356Porsche.jpg

Dad had one of these. Unfortunately it was rear ended while parked at a curb by a drunk driver. Twisted it all out of shape.
Catalinasm.jpg

·
Registered
11,150 Posts
Too early in the morning for me and I don’t drink coffee. Dig the pics though. :)
I went a couple. I don't drink coffee either . But yeah if I'm getting up early to head out some place on my day off it'll likely be an autox

·
Registered
253 Posts
@4ocious the cars and coffee pic above is when we all met "Adventurestang" early on in his trek across the country too...great guy and would love to do a road trip like that someday.

·
Radar
6,837 Posts
@4ocious the cars and coffee pic above is when we all met "Adventurestang" early on in his trek across the country too...great guy and would love to do a road trip like that someday.
Sorry I threw a monkey wrench at you, I edited that pic out and replaced it with one I took myself. AdventureStang's owner is in this one (post #9), the dude with the beard talking with @Dan Babb. Yup, by all accounts they seem a very nice and very happy family. Adventure indeed! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts