Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted about going to the Columbus show tomorrow, and the route down is the same as what I took when my oldest daughter was attending Ohio U. in Athens.Along the way (near Marion) is an old (pretty sad looking) house and out buildings that has at least 6-8 mustangs sitting around.The first time I went by, a vert with the top pretty well missing caught my eye(not sure of the year..the weeds were pretty high..65-68)On other trips down, I tried to pay closer attention, and when i did..it seemed like every place I looked was another mustang..couple out back..a couple tucked in a garage(just the back ends sticking out..appears to be at least 1 67 or 68 fastback)..couple in the side yard..This time we go by, I will be able to stop and see if anyone is home, or at least snap a few pics....could be interesting..

Joe

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Hey Joe, the cars wouldn't happen to be on the east side of the road would they? If so I think I know what cars you're talking about. I forget the road they where on but it was a road I use to take when going to Columbus also.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cars are on the west side of Marion-Melmore Road.IIRC the ones in the garage might have some hope to be salvagable, but the ones that are scattered around the yard would be parts cars at best.Unless of course there would happen to be a "K" or "R" in the vins or that they would have funny taillights with snake emblems instead of horses :: :eek: :p ;)..Not a chance though..pretty sure nothing special about theses.

Joe

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
That doesn't sound like the cars I saw 10 years ago. The guy had a few conv. car sitting outside, a coupe and he had a boss 302 car at his business. I am sure most of the cars are gone by now and if they aren't then they would be rusted so bad at this point that it wouldn't be worth fixing.

I hope you find something good for your self.

I just found out that there are tow early model broncos sitting right by my buddies house. It can't hurt to stop ask. He may not sell them but who knows I may end up with a new friend that can help me with my bronco project.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think i know the site you are talking about. If they still have an a code red fastback that is horibly rusty., then it is the same place. used to run by there on the way to OU to see my freind.

Be careful, I stopped and they were not real friedly to me.
Keep me posted!
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.