Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older USA 1 with the 10 disc CD changer in my 69 Mach. I parked it and everything was working. The last time I drove it I have no functions on the unit. The display lights up and I can hear hissing in the speakers when I turn the volume up but there are no stations showing on FM or AM. I also can not operate the CD changer. The magazine is in it and won't eject. I sent the unit to CAS for repair and it still does the same thing as before. I didn't realize until today that the CD magazine won't eject. Has anyone else had this type of problem? I know these units aren't that good, I'm just wondering before I pitch the whole works in the trash. Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The CAS radio I have in my '66 right now had a problem with the fuse blowing all the time. Not the one for the main power, but the one for the memory/light. I put a larger fuse in and it has worked great since.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Personally I would not fuss with it. Had one that would not work - sent it back to them and it came back in the same shape with a note saying it was fine. If you have the resources I would toss it and get a Retrosound unit with the flash drive. You can rip a ton of CD's to the drive and the Retrosound unit is rock solid.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts