Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so let’s rewind back to March of 2018, I called Coys to order a set of c67s with a set of falken tires mounted balanced out the door. Dave coy told me that they would be making a new mold and would take some time ok, no problem. Called in April paid for the tires that were made from falken, done, again not a problem. Called once a month to see how the progress was coming along, factory hold ups the usual. We get to November 2018, wheels are done waiting at port because of new tariffs ok understandable. January comes around there stuck in south beach California in a container because customs won’t release them. Call Dave again in February there releasing the wheels now. Should have them in 2 weeks. I’m like great I’m gonna have them by April. Wrong. Called them once a week once April came kept getting the run around then wouldn’t answer me, dodging my phone calls. Now last week I got ahold of them and they shipped them out. Get shipping number I’m so happy I could bounce off the walls. Finally! There finally coming. Today they get delivered after paying for these in full last July. Now here comes the good stuff. Installed 2 wheels on the driver side. Nice and smooth no problems. Get the the passenger side, wheel won’t go on? Like not possible, the wheel will not fit. So I’m like ok maybe it’s me. Grab the rear driver side won’t fit. Take off the rear drum brake and try and match the holes doesn’t even come close. Now i did find that between the 2 that fit there’s different machined colored rings. The black ones fit perfect the ones that don’t are chrome. Idk what to do at this point, yelling gets you know where I’m in the service industry and right now I’m just utterly shocked that a place like this could screw up so bad. Rant over idk what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
To be honest, that wasn't much of rant. Kudos to you because I would be livid. Like you though, I realize there's is not much you can do and your at their mercy. I would still be on the phone (which I know you will) trying to get it resolved.

Just mentioned in a text today that I just love (sarcasm) all the "Yeah, that's not going to work" when building these cars.

Good luck with getting the correct rims/tires.

Allen

·
Registered
692 Posts
So it sounds like the other tires are not 5x4.5 bolt pattern? I would be pissed, good luck getting it straightened out, hopefully they resolve it soon.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
People make mistakes.

I understand your frustration on delivery, but your rant (understandable) is a bit premature on the wrong wheels.

Call Coys and seek a remedy.

Then report back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just can’t get over all that time I was patient and you get 2 sets of different wheels like how. It just doesn’t make sense. I’ll be on phone tomorrow trying to resolve this but right now my blood is boiling. Funny thing is today I called once I got home from work because they didn’t come with the center caps I wanted. He sent me the spinners but I didn’t want them. Ugh for some reason things don’t ever work out in my favor.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People make mistakes.

I understand your frustration on delivery, but your rant (understandable) is a bit premature on the wrong wheels.

Call Coys and seek a remedy.

Then report back.

Problem is now I’m in New Jersey there in Utah, shipping back the 2 wheels they mounted and balanced for me that are wrong what do you do now? Some way or another I’m going to end up paying for this either with unmounting and remounting on new rims or shipping them back. Not exactly cheap to ship wheels across the country.
I’m not sure if you have ever delt with coy’s or not but they don’t have there **** 100% together. It’s my mistake I Should have researched this better before I placed the order.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'm assuming the Chebby 4 3/4" on the passenger side? He probably received them mis-labeled from the most favored nation.

Nice car!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if your talking about "HubCentric" rings ? just don't use 'em the wheels are/or should be lug centric

No its not the hubcentric rings. Where the lugs are drilled there’s machined rings on the back of the wheels. 2 fit which are black, the others are chrome. I think this is how they mark the lug pattern. It’s a honest mistake, but should have been checked before leaving the building.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm assuming the Chebby 4 3/4" on the passenger side? He probably received them mis-labeled from the most favored nation.

Nice car!

I wish my 69 c10 was 5 lug I could check it but it’s 6 lug. I’m pretty sure it’s 5x 4.75 it’s off by just enough. Even if you could Redrill them i don’t think it would work.
Thanks !

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
Problem is now I’m in New Jersey there in Utah, shipping back the 2 wheels they mounted and balanced for me that are wrong what do you do now? Some way or another I’m going to end up paying for this either with unmounting and remounting on new rims or shipping them back. Not exactly cheap to ship wheels across the country.
I’m not sure if you have ever delt with coy’s or not but they don’t have there **** 100% together. It’s my mistake I Should have researched this better before I placed the order.

They screwed up, so it's on them.

IMO, I'd have them send me the two correct wheels and swap the tires over locally, even if I had to pay for them up front. You can then drop the incorrect wheels in the shipping boxes and send them on their way for a refund. Be sure to pay with a credit card, so you have recourse if they screw you again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They screwed up, so it's on them.

IMO, I'd have them send me the two correct wheels and swap the tires over locally, even if I had to pay for them up front. You can then drop the incorrect wheels in the shipping boxes and send them on their way for a refund. Be sure to pay with a credit card, so you have recourse if they screw you again.

Looks like that’s what’s going to be happening. Spoke to Dave this morning he couldn’t believe it but said once he got to the shop he would give me a call to figure out what where going to do. Sounds like this is going to cost me at least a tire swap.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha thanks, whenever I find the right person to install this new Paxton super charger it’s going to be that much cooler

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Coys has the WORST service I've ever dealt with. I love their wheels, but I hope I never have to deal with them again.

I pretty much had the same experience as the OP. Not answering phone calls, not getting back to me, no shipping confirmations, and overall atrocious service.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I agree as above, that isn’t that much of a rant...I’d be very agree after waiting that long. I hope they get you fixed up quickly. Your car looks great btw

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Coys has the WORST service I've ever dealt with. I love their wheels, but I hope I never have to deal with them again.

I pretty much had the same experience as the OP. Not answering phone calls, not getting back to me, no shipping confirmations, and overall atrocious service.

I. Don’t quite understand how you can stay in business if this is a regular problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last night I got a text that they would be shipping out new wheels, haven’t gotten a tracking number yet, so who knows how long this could take.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I bought some of the Trans Am Engineering Minilite style wheels from Summit for the 69 Stang. Wheels arrived and wouldn't fit - had the GM lug pattern. Called Summit, they shipped replacements the same day, and had UPS pick up the incorrect wheels. Great service right? New set arrives 2 days later, same problem. Summit rep goes and checks the wheels before they ship - a pallet of wheels were all GM bolt pattern wheels in boxes marked as the Ford pattern. Summit took care of everything and got me the correct wheels 2 days later. Couldn't be happier.

All that to say, I hope they get the correct wheels to you this time!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought some of the Trans Am Engineering Minilite style wheels from Summit for the 69 Stang. Wheels arrived and wouldn't fit - had the GM lug pattern. Called Summit, they shipped replacements the same day, and had UPS pick up the incorrect wheels. Great service right? New set arrives 2 days later, same problem. Summit rep goes and checks the wheels before they ship - a pallet of wheels were all GM bolt pattern wheels in boxes marked as the Ford pattern. Summit took care of everything and got me the correct wheels 2 days later. Couldn't be happier.

All that to say, I hope they get the correct wheels to you this time!

Summit has a great turn around and highly recommended on my behalf, they always take care of you. Coy’s turnaround isn’t going to be anything but a snails pace. glad everything worked out for you though!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts