Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how the original center ac vent on the 67 mustang was attached with correct hardware?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's just held in with tabs on either side of it being sandwiched between the metal dash and the plastic panels on either side. The panels have a plastic post that goes all the way through the dash and has some self threading nuts on the back. Might be https://www.npdlink.com/product/mou...-to-housing-8-special/100951/200177?year=1967

You have to loosen the instrument cluster portion and the over-glovebox portion to get it in or out.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The flat non-A/C as well as the flat version with the convenience control option both have tabs that align with holes in the metal dash, but I agree that the larger panels on each side have posts and the plastic center piece is clamped in place. No dedicated fasteners.

However, for the A/C version, which is much heavier - metal vs. plastic - there are threaded studs. The Ford electrical assembly manual (published by Osborn) shows a quantity of two 371024-S2 nuts for the A/C option only - no fasteners without A/C.

According to the Ford standard and utility parts catalog (1969 version) a 1/4" "nut - self threading" type 1 is listed as 371024-S7, which has a different finish. Attached is a picture from that catalog.

The Obsorn/Ford diagrams are copyrighted, so I'll respect that and won't post pictures from it.. You should consider picking up a set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts