Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears my car's floor pan is not the standard variation. Does anyone know what style of bumper (floor pan to axle at the center) fits in this location. The car is a 67 Convertible and there are a couple of photo's attached.

1967 covertible

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hmmm, I'll wait for others to chime in,but what is the code of your car? That looks alot like the K code or factory dual exhaust rebound plate,although the photos are a bit tough for me. Typically with that plate the rubber snubber would be on the front of the pinion if the car was equipped with a 9 inch rear. There is a way though to get the bolt on snubber from a 66( not sure if it was carried into 67?) and bolt it onto that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the car is a C code, but while restoring I obtained significant parts from other cars, this portion included. You are correct to notice the dual exhaust plate. The part stores I checked all show the same bumper for 65-68 and it's not the correct one (for me anyway). Is it necessary with the two outboard bumpers?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If you are going to run an 8 inch rear why not just run the snubber that bolts to that plate,they are available from any repo vendor.On the early cars (I'll stick with what I know 65-66) There were 2 types a push in and a bolt in,just buy the bolt in.If I had the ability I could and would post photos of the part, As I have a couple laying on my shelf.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are going to run an 8 inch rear why not just run the snubber that bolts to that plate,they are available from any repo vendor.On the early cars (I'll stick with what I know 65-66) There were 2 types a push in and a bolt in,just buy the bolt in.If I had the ability I could and would post photos of the part, As I have a couple laying on my shelf.
The part your describe will not bolt to the plate that is on my car. I think I'll need to change the plate on the car (welding). I'll post a couple more pic's tonight or tomorrow.

Tim

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
The part your describe will not bolt to the plate that is on my car. I think I'll need to change the plate on the car (welding). I'll post a couple more pic's tonight or tomorrow.

Tim

Hey Tim,
Since I can't post photos go onto Scott Drake Store - Home and put in part number C5ZZ-4730 .That's the piece you need and it absolutely will bolt right in I have three 65-66 A code G.T.'s that use this part on that identical snubber plate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two styles of brackets

Here is a view of both bracket styles. The Fastback has the C5ZZ-4730 bumper and that bumper won't fit my Convertible bracket.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts