Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose anyone know how to take out the small console around the shifter on a 72 mustang i think the 71 and 73 may be the same to????

1,037 Posts
Are you talking about a console, or the shifter base? I have the full length console, but I'd imagine the smaller one is similar in the removal; take the screws out from around the edges of it and lift it out, pretty basic... If you're talking the little black+chrome base around the shifter, it has screws in the corners you have to take out and then you have to take the shifter handle off by taking out the little allen screw in the back part of it down near the shaft. Good luck!


'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers
1 - 2 of 2 Posts