Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a difference in quality of the Center Drag Link. American Pony has a V8 Center Drang Link for $40.00 and NPD sells it for $67.00, and I have seen it as high as $147.00. I don't understand how the price can be so different. Is there anything I should watch for when purchasing a new one?
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Have you tried local parts places? Most of the time they'll carry the same parts cheaper. I've always been able to beat NPD prices on suspension parts and never had to worry about shipping or quality. I stick to NPD for the mustang specific stuff I can't get anywhere else. I'm seeing $72 @ partsamerica.com (advance). I suggest checking a NAPA, PAPA, or whatever good parts stores in your area.

Otherwise, I doubt the quality of the american pony part will be much, if any, less. However, I like brand name parts like Moog for suspension, if there is ever any doubt. In the end, would you think the $20 saved would be worth it if the cheap part failed and caused you to lose your steering? Go for brand name & warranty (it's easier to return a part under warranty locally if there is a problem, than to have to mess with shipping the parts somewhere else)

Hope this makes sense. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I wound up purchasing my inner/outer tie rod ends and some bushings locally at Advance. I saved about 30% over what the lowest prices I found in the Mustang supply houses and a lot more than my local Mustang guy. I guess he got his there and marked it up. Brand name too, with a lifetime warranty. Now, if I could only get the bushing kit for the idler arm to center link locally...anybody got one for a '67 T code with manual steering??? Basicly the only part of my suspension/steering up front that isn't new.

advance auto web page

I searched the part number and went into the store and had it the same day. Even got a shop discount of an additional 10% Woo-Hoo!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The cheaper ones are usually used pieces and the really expensive ones are brand new NOS pieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts