Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Centerforce N1439 TOB for my convertible and delivered it to the transmission shop that is rebuilding my toploader. We compared it to the old TOB (that came with the clutch kit) and the new one is about a quarter inch larger diameter. I talked to Roger at Centerforce and he said if the face of the bearing is 2.75" or smaller it will be fine. Otherwise, the centrifugal weights will come into contact with the bearing. I conveyed this information to the transmission guy and he said the new TOB was 3.00". Every reference I can find indicates that the N1439 is the correct TOB. I ordered it from Jegs and the box clearly reads N1439, but I wonder if it was mis-packaged. I am awaiting a reply from Roger, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has encountered this problem.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm running a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch in the 66 Fastback. It is a 5.0 (metric bolts/location pins) type clutch pressure plate. The Z-bar clutch linkage, clutch fork, and throw out bearing are all stock 66 289 parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts