Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,trumpets are installed and are at the correct length stickiking out and the correct height looking at it from the rear, I need to move the 1 side over 1/4",what would be the trick with doing this and keeping the baffles on the trumpet level?,the diagram really does not show anythingI'm using all new hardware,the only thing I'm thinking is to shim between the frame rail and the bracket,is there another trick,thanks,Pete

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
OK,trumpets are installed and are at the correct length stickiking out and the correct height looking at it from the rear, I need to move the 1 side over 1/4",what would be the trick with doing this and keeping the baffles on the trumpet level?,the diagram really does not show anythingI'm using all new hardware,the only thing I'm thinking is to shim between the frame rail and the bracket,is there another trick,thanks,Pete
Force the pipe over until it hangs in the right place. Exhaust is mild steel, so it'll go, and stay there. Don't be nice, be agressive. Once it's hanging in the right place, tighten the hangers to keep it there. There's a lot of room for change in the hangers, 1/4" is an easy one. Sometimes all I have needed to do is grab it with my hand and force it over a little. On a hard case you might push on the pipe with your foot, and pull with your hand. It'll go, it's not glass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts