Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VMF Ambassador
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all (at least, those of you in central TX and within driving distance),

David Turnbull's Great American Pony Drive is going to be running through central Texas from May 6th to the 8th. For those not in the know, David runs these MCA-chartered cruises every year and leads fellow Mustangers (vintage and late model) along various routes across the country from the driver's seat of his 1964 Mustang convertible. These cruises are really cool and generally have quite a few participants over their full 2+-week length, although the number of "long-haulers" who can complete the entire trip is of course a smaller number.

Anyways, David contacted me to tell me that he and his crew of 12-14 cruisers will be in the San Antonio - Fredricksburg area from May 6th to the 8th. You all are welcome to join whenever, but in particular I would like to put together a cruise on Sunday May 8th to meet up with David at Luckenbach and take his crew through Hill Country, winding up in Fredricksburg sometime in the afternoon. Is anyone else interested in coming out for this? We haven't done a cruise yet this spring so this seems like a good time to do so!

I'm just going to go ahead and tag some of the usual suspects here... apologies if I forget a few of you, but hopefully it will be enough people that we are able to round up our whole crew through word of mouth.

Hope to see you out there!

K

@awhtx @tx65coupe @coupster @Fair Oaks Mustang @weikelrk

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
5,944 Posts
Pics when it’s over, please.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I’m working on being there.

·
Registered
'66 Convertible 200/c4 Vintage Inline Headers with Arvinode Duals
492 Posts
I would love to, but have a commitment until mid afternoon. I'll be thinking of you and that wonderful drive

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Thanks Kelly. Hope a bunch of you can show up for the fun. We always like to see other's cars and travel with them. For those that might have a little more time, you're welcome to join us for a day or 2, or 3 or more, if your time allows. San Angelo has plans for us as well as Lubbock. If you like cruising RT 66, we're doing Adrian to Santa Fe, stopping in Tucumcari over night. Schedule and registrations are at www.ponydrive.us

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
We had an awesome time! On all of the Pony Drives since 2004, the best parts are when we get to meet the locals and have them show us around their area. We would have never seen the scenery or had the pleasure of meeting all that came out to join us for the day! Best part was finally meeting Kelly, after following her trips over the years. She's a real inspiration to anyone wanting or having a mustang and enjoying driving it and not letting it sit in a garage. I thank everyone that took time from their day to join us and hope to get back to this area some day and do it again! Anyone along our route for the next few weeks is also invited to come out and meet us, Now in San Angelo, heading to Lubbock, Adrian, TX- RT 66 to Tucumcari, Santa Fe, Taos, Durango, Montrose, Dillon, CO, Laramie and Rapid City.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts