Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
This past weekend, I was assisting with judging. One of the persons who had a car that was being judged kept hanging around and trying to look over our shoulders. I had questions that I needed to go over with the gold card judge on my team, and I did not feel comfortable discussing a point deduction with this man listening in. Was I wrong to politely ask him to step aside or what should I have done in this instance ???? He looked like I had offended him when I asked him to let us talk in private, but he did not say anything. I do not want to come off as rude to these folks since they, like me, worked very hard to get thier cars in show condition and took the time and effort to get them many miles to the show, but still, judging has to go on!

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Mo you acted correctly. Normally this is handled by the team captain/leader.

If the person does not adjust their position or continues the team captain/leader can request one of the Asst or Head Judges to deal with it so you and the team can get back to work.

Thanks for helping

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Jeff!

It is a great pleasure for me to help with the judging ! I am enjoying it VERY much and enjoy meeting the owners and seeing the good and the not so good in these cars ! The not so good aspect is not necessarily bad, but it does give you a true appreciation for the efforts that people put forth to produce a GOOD car !

Thanks again !

Johnny

·
Registered
589 Posts
Re: MCA Judging booklet

At the judges meeting in Indy, I rec'd a copy of a very small and slim booklet that dealt with MCA judging and the conduct of judges and the benefits of judging....It was about 4 or 6 pages in length.,.Not written or composed in paragraph style but rather in "bullet" points.

I took this booklet with me to Raleigh and lost it...Do you or anyone else out there know where I might get another ? I checked with Kristie in the MCA office and she says that the MCA does not have it, and thinks that it was privately published.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts

Was it quarter sheet with a map of the US on the cover with National Judging Program and Guidelines?

Surprised that headquarters does not have them - would guess Allen or Charles has more copies - I've got to go through and rewrite it by the end of the year according to Charles ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts

I think it had that map, but I cannot say for sure. I was very concise, not immensely bigger than a checkbook....Full of pointers for judges.

No..Kristie emailed me and said that she had no idea of what it was, and that it must have been privately produced.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Fred, if you can recall who was handing them out at the judges meeting in Indy, I would appreciate knowing so that I might inquire about another copy.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
C7ZZ-F said:
it was privately produced by a former mca asst. head judge in the early 90's. i have a copy.

Believe MCA paid for the printing (that Asst. Head did allot of printing for MCA at one time) I wrote the original draft and did the layout - must have been late 80's- early 90's

·
Registered
589 Posts
I got the pamphlet that I have been inquiring about from Tom Podemski...He had exactly what I was looking for !

On another note, I sent my completed test to Mr Wallace in California over 10 days ago...I faxed them to him with a cover letter asking that he inform me by return fax or a phone call to let me know that he had received them. As of this date, (7-16-09) I have heard nothing from him. I have sent him 2 emails requesting that he inofrm me if he had gotten my test papers and no word in return, either.

What should I do ? Continue pestering him or just give it a few more weeks to see if I get my results and then I would know that he got my papers ????

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks Fred! I will leave him a Private message...I just got back from a 2 day trip to Buffalo last night and am leaving in a few minutes to go out of town again for a day. Talk to all of you later !

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Sorry but ten days (I know that some expect instant responses these days) is not that long IMHO.

At this point I would be patient and give Dave and whomever is correcting it, a little more time. This time of year people are gone on vacations or away for other reasons. ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am looking for an MCA judge in my area, northern CA, to verify my 72 Mach 1's originality. I have been told the car retains its original paint and tape stripe with 26,000 miles on the clock. Others say no. Is there a list of judges I can reference that show names and locations?
Thanks

21 - 40 of 42 Posts