Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never been a fan of repo sheetmetal (or anything else "repo" for that matter,) but while Im repairing the dent in my 64.5 hood, I bought a $92 repop from Certifit to put on. I installed it this afternoon, the fit was perfect. I was amazed at the weight of it, only 1 pound less than the origional. I haven't seen their fenders or doors yet, but Ive been told they are just as good. FINALLY, quality repoduction parts.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It is about time that somebody realized that most of us are willing to pay for parts that really fit. The cheap junk that is out there costs a lot of $$$ to try to make it fit and paint it. What a waste. I hope this supplier got the word. I just finished restoring a '66 coupe for SWMBO and the damn hood profile doesn't match the original fenders. What a waste of money. I would have paid $450 for a Ford original if I had known what a problem the repro would cause. Don't buy cheap junk. It ain't worth it.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I used Certi-Fit sheetmetal on my daughters 97 S 10 pickup (whole front clip) and everything went on and aligned perfect. They do put out a decent product...

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I used Certi-fit parts on my car too. The hood is perfect, deck lid OK, fenders so-so, and doors bad IMHO.

But the price was right and they delivered too ! Dickson

·
Registered
229 Posts
Back when I was running a body shop we liked to call them Sorta-fit. As with all A/M sheetmetal it is hit or miss. I've ordered hoods that fit terrible then reorder and the next one from the same Co. fits fine. Always prefit everything before edging. Good luck to all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts