·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
A bigger wallet unless you will be able to keep your foot out of it. :pirate:

What carb are you getting? What kind of choke will it have? manual, auto, electric?

You'll need the 4V plate for the PCV valve.

Correct throttle linkage.

New water temp sensor? or reuse existing.

New water neck fitting for heater, or reuse.

Gasket for thermostat housing.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
It is simple.
Do you have dual exhaust? If not, do that first. Otherwise the chagne to 4V will be kinda a waste.
Dave

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
+1 on daves67ss. If you breathe it in, it's good to be able to breathe it out. Your engine feels the same way.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Not hard at all.

You'll need the 4V plate for the PCV valve.
Shouldn't need plate. There should be a 3/8 barb off of back for pcv. Double check when you pick it up. If you use an Hipo air cleaner you could probably fit a spacer under it. If you can, use it.

Correct throttle linkage.
Your stock linkage should work. Just push it through the right hole and drill rod to put in a small cotter pin. Not sure how the kick down works, I have 4spd and have never dealt with that.

New water temp sensor? or reuse existing.
While your at it replace it.

New water neck fitting for heater, or reuse.
Don't use stock on on that intake it will stick out badly.

Gasket for thermostat housing.
Yep

Just a thought. That intake will be very flashy in stock compartment and make every thing else that is dirty or crusty stick out. Not talking you out of it, but just a thought.

Nate

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it has duals with long headers, the headers are quite nasty looking though. I want to replace those at some point as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is how the engine looks now. Believe me when I say it looks way better in the pics than in real life. There is definitely some crust in there but hopefully adding the new carb and intake will make me clean everything else up quicker!

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
You'll likely need a shorter filter (stock hipo size) if you use spacer. Pic is too small to see much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts