Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me exactly what all is needed to go from 69 glue in glass to 70 bolt in glass? Are the regulators the same for both years or do they have to be changed out as well? Guides? or is it just the glass and brackets that's different? Please help. I need to be sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
First: Do you have a coupe or a fastaback? If you have a coupe, you must change both the door glass and the quarter window glass. If you have a fastback, you only have to change the door glass.

Second: When I changed my glass on my convertible, I only had to change the glass and brackets. I did buy new door window guide clips ( Mustangs Unlimited Part#91496), these keep the windows nice and tight. Check out your window rollers and stop bumpers for wear. I would replace them while you have the door apart. These parts do not cost much at all. I consider this a fairly easy job, just go slow so you do not scratch the paint or the new glass.

Mike

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
You don't need to convert at all if you"ll just glue your glass back in using a modern adhesive. 3M makes a Urethane adhesive specifically for windshield installation that is available from most good automobile paint and body supply stores. It's black and comes in a tube for use with a caulking gun.

I re-glued the windows in my 69' this way many years ago after the PO used silicone rubber (ugh)...). They're still there,, nice and tight!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i agree with roadracer,when these cars were built the "tape" it was the best they had. now with the urethanes out there,you glue your windows with this stuff and you'll never have a problem again.so many guys tried silicone and it just won't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts