Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Changing Interior Colors?

538 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  L20068 
#1 ·
How hard is this? I've got an Ivy Gold interior on my stang, which according to my wife looks like someone puked on the interior of the car...

The dash pad is already black(prior owner replaced). Do you guys recommend buying all new interior stuff, or can some of the items be reused by using dye? If so, what could I get away with dying? BTW - I'm thinking of changing over to black interior (outside is dark moss green)

Thanks,
Andy

#3 ·
My Mustang was a special order car in 1968 with a 1966 color scheme; navajo beige exterior with a black pinstripe and parchment/black interior. Well, the PO mixed up the colors - All the pieces that should've been BLACK were PARCHMENT and vice versa. So, needless to say, I needed to change it. I just finished about 3 weeks ago - After a whole year of work. The only thing I actually bought NEW in the correct color was the kick panels. (Because I wanted speakers in them) Everything else, I mean EVERYTHING, was dyed or painted. It's very satisfying, but sometimes frustrating unless you mask very well!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.