Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a product known as moleskin from NPD to reline the rear channels of my '66 coupe's front windows. I know there's a special "run" available for the front channels but it requires riveting on the '65 / '66. Has anyone on the forum used the moleskin for the fronts?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
On the Fastback, I initially replaced the back channels of the door window with the self-stick type of felt offered by the typical Mustang vendor. However, this stuff began to unstick before the channels were installed. I then removed the new felt and installed the NPD "moleskin" which required glueing. For the front channels, I purchased the replacement metal channels that have the linings already installed. Yes, there are two rivets that hold the channel to the vent frame. I drilled the rivets out to remove the old channels and then used small nuts and bolts to fasten the new channels in place using the original rivet holes. The small bolts were flat head with the tapered underside. I countersunk the bolt head hole a little with a large bit so the bolt head would be flush. I'm not sure how trying to replace just the moleskin would work as the front channels are made as one piece like the horizontal door/window felts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts