Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just wondering what where the features of the Sprint package for 1968 Mustangs? What exactly were the addons? I know there was a package A & B, im interested in the V8 version. Also, what was the standard issue gas cap on 68's? If anyone can describe the style, was it a pop-open? Any pics? thanks!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I have the V-8 package on my car..It gives you the fog lights,C stripe,pop open gas cap and the styled steel wheels with wide oval tires..Basically all the "appearance" items of the GT package...The non sprint/GT gas cap is a twist on type.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Is there any way to tell if my car has a sprint package w/o a Marti report?

289 c code, p/s, p/b, factory a/c, fog lights, pop open gas cap

My original paint (lime gold) is now hidden by an old layer of meadowlark yellow, so I can't tell if there was a C stripe or not. Is there anywhere I can look that would give it away (like in the door jams somewhere)?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
pcarlson said:
Is there any way to tell if my car has a sprint package w/o a Marti report?

289 c code, p/s, p/b, factory a/c, fog lights, pop open gas cap

My original paint (lime gold) is now hidden by an old layer of meadowlark yellow, so I can't tell if there was a C stripe or not. Is there anywhere I can look that would give it away (like in the door jams somewhere)?
The only thing I can think of is to
check out the fog lights to make sure it is a factory installation including the wiring and switch.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks guys.

It looks like there is a good chance that I have the "Sprint B" package. I can point to everything on that list except the C-stripe as being factory on my car. I even have the wheel lip moldings.

Sounds like I need to do a Marti report... and soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts