Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noted a while back there where two (2) Charles Turners that popped into the forum. Now is the Charlie Turner appearing in the article the same Charles Turner, MCA Judge, Caspian 65 owner, who frequently offers his wealth of knowledge and expertise to this forum? Or is it a sinister plot, formulated 40 years ago by a Soviet plant to confuse the developing Mustang hobbyists in a post-communist world? Or is there just 2 Charlie/Charles Turners out there? Split personalities????

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I wish I could find Mustang Monthly around here..

G

·
0 Posts
I believe they messed up!! It's another Charlie on this forum!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy!!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Triple black... 'tis a rare combination!

My girlfriend's Mustang has really rare black leather on a laser red exterior! I love that car, even though it's a V-6 =)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It's Charlie Jones. He goes by 'roadracer' on the Forum. In addition to the Shelby he's driving with Ed in MM, he also has a Concours '69 Boss 302. I don't think he's gonna be driving that one. He said when that car was featured in the MM a while back they got his name wrong then too.

He does have good taste in cars, but then don't we all, or we wouldn't be here at VMF.

1966 GT Convertible (see it at:http://www.geocities.com/tbeamguard/66GT.html)
1969 Sportsroof (which is For Sale, by the way)

·
Registered
762 Posts
It's Charles Jones...He posted about this a few weeks ago. I guess every time he appears in MM, they get his name wrong, and call him "Charlie Turner". The guy has a couple of nice Shelby's. I can't remember his VMF name right off hand, but he's a regular here.

JJ
69 Fastback 302 2v 3sp. trans.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1605599&a=12251632&p=44630868&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
His name is Charlie Jones, and he posts here under "roadracer." I got a chance to meet him and see his beautiful 66 Gt-350 in Pensacola. Really good guy and a car that made my mouth water! He drove it all the way over from TX (I was impressed).
Not that I'd be offended by being mistaken for our very knowledeable Charles Turner, but let's get Charlie J's name right MM !!! Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

G

·
0 Posts
hehe... well, i HAVE been on the cover of Mustang Times with my fastback... doesn't that count? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

i think i have given a lot more information here than i have learned! but, i have learned stuff from time to time here, i definitely don't know everything!

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts