Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Being that is from New York, and the ad says "This car is in rough shape but can be gorgeous with time." and by the look from the crappy images, I'd say this car as quite a bit of rust. I'd like to buy it but I have no where to put it, and I already have 1 money pit mustang that I need to finish first

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
65Fastback434 said:
Being that is from New York, and the ad says "This car is in rough shape but can be gorgeous with time." and by the look from the crappy images, I'd say this car as quite a bit of rust. I'd like to buy it but I have no where to put it, and I already have 1 money pit mustang that I need to finish first
The ad also says "This car has a lot of rust"

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Also, from my personal experience, if the seller says"No rust"; there will be some rust.
If they say "Has a little rust";there will be a lot of rust.
But if they say" It has a LOT of rust";man that's scary!!

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
I'm with you on this Fred. When I bought my current 70 it looked like it just had some minor rust. Once I started tearing into the car I found MAJOR rust. My car was from Colorado and they don't salt the roads here as much as NY.

·
Registered
424 Posts
erbssr said:
65Fastback434 said:
The ad also says "This car has a lot of rust"
HAHA I guess i skipped over that when i was reading...

And yes, when I got my car the seller said it had "a little rust", well I guess his definition of a little and mine were not the same :loco:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts