Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, that's right. I'm going all spray! I have a good source for a kit. It is complete with bottle, bracket, relay with fuse link, solenoids, NOS nozzle, wiring, arming switch, WOT switch, nitrous and fuel lines, and 75/100/125 jets. Bout 10 or so bottles run through it. The carb plate is another 20 or so. I guess my biggest problem would be that I become easily addicted to more power... My GN is already up to 22psi of boost. ::
Hmm, thoughts?

James

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Which car is it going on? If I get serious about building a second motor this winter I might run a little NOX this fall for kicks.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Dont be afraid at all just be smart.

Run that kit on 75 at first. Pull about 4 degrees of timing out of it. and MAKE SURE you have a good fuel pump.

I have run N20 for years on a zillion things and never lost a motor because of it. The key is, in priority order

1-Dont let it run out of fuel no matter what. (Mostly only a problem at the 125+ range)

2-DONT let it ping. Run less timing than you normally would (Best is same initial with a little less mechanical but if you pull 2-4 out at idle that'll be fine too)

3-Remember redline doesnt change, it'll get there quicker but it'll blow up at the same place N20 or not

4-1st gear nitrous blast is not good for the inexperienced because of rule 3. AND high gear can let it backfire if too much of a load. Try it first at a roll in 2nd, as you get used to it play

Now, 1-3 are the biggest deals, set it up, and hit the button, its a blast but never be scared, it isnt nitromethane, people who are afraid have never used it

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel is what I'm worried about. BTW, Jay, it's going on the Mustang.

Maybe I'll get an electric fuel pump. Everything I've read says a 75 shot is pretty safe. Right now I'm open to suggestions though.

James

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
use a holley mechanical that is a direct bolt on. It is alot easier! ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts