Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to drive car 6S0174 yesterday. In case you were wondering, it is a Shelby GT-350 carry-over car. For those uninitiated, a carry over car was one that started life as a '65...enjoyed some of the benefits of the '65 design (i.e. A arm drop) but also has several of the '66 features such as the rear quarter windows.

This particular car has a 5 year-ish old resto on it. As a part of the resto, the motor has been BUILT. This thing sounds like a freakin' NASCAR stock car. It accelerates and handles much more like a race car than a street car, and is not for the meek or mild. It is loud, it is stiff and it requires that you really muscle up when driving it!

Needless to say, it was a more-than-cool experience to drive it, and the experience just added fule to my fire that while I absolutely love my vert...I love true performance oriented cars at least as much...probably more!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I know who's car you're talking about. I 2nd that comment on the engine...it sounds NASTY!

BTW Shan, I borrowed an engine picker from my original source (he was on vacation for the last two weeks and couldn't answer my cries for help!).

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My turn!! My turn!!

G

·
0 Posts
ShanMan,
that is why i have both cars,65 k GT conv and a 65 GT350 ,one ride in a 66[6S240]sold me
it was paxton powerd,that was back in 1988,6 mo later i bought my 65 shelby!
you should try a ride in one w/ 4 webers and a 348 stroker!
Dave

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was lucky enough to drive this one! I guess I won't push my luck until I can take ownership.....yeah, that's it! OWNERSHIP! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts