Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all might have seen my post a few days ago, about how I had found my radio connections to be cut and spliced to install a late-70s AM/FM/Cassette. I'm trying to install a rebuilt AM/8, and I need a little help....

If you have the Osborn Electrical Assy Manual for 1966, look on page 50 (E6-8625-1). There are two connections from the radio; a MMF and a MM.

It looks to me that the MMF connects to part (6) Radio Speakers wiring assembly (C6ZB-19A041-A). [Is this the same item that NPD sells as 13A769-1D, last item of NPD p. 111?]. That's the easy one.

The MM looks like it connects to a piece (part (7) Radio feed C6ZB-18A919-A), which in turn connects to the underdash wiring harness in two places (connections A and D). Is that right?

If so, then what I really need to get this working again are the radio-to-speakers harness and that radio feed. Is there a source for that radio feed piece? And perhaps somewhere I could get the FFM to re-connect the existing radio-to-speakers connections without having to purchase a new harness?

Thanks... someday I'll be done. Then I may have to buy a new car!

Steve

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Steve, I'll e-mail you a diagram I have that shows it pretty well.

Unless you want to do what I did - I wired mine a little differently - the stereo sounds a lot better...

http://www.bluestang.com/users/timbeam/cdglovebox.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts