Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
If you're interested I just got my new Mustang website up and running. I have the basic background of my '66 on there along with future plans. Fell free to check it out. Sign the guestbook if you wish. I'm always open to suggestions.
I believe I linked it in my sig, but here it is: Jon's 1966 Mustang Homepage ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Nifty! But... you're going to put a black / white interior with a blue exterior? I don't know about that.

Also, you didn't put a choice of deep red / maroon for you color poll. WHAT'S WRONG WITH VINTAGE BURGUNDY, HUH????? :: :: ::

·
Registered
564 Posts
Your site is coming along...

Question.. it looks like you have a V8 in the car but still have all 6 cyl. suspension & brakes... 4 lug wheels and all. I just thought I would pass along that this is the quickest way to trash the front end of your car. The 6 cyl. running gear was not designed to handle the power of the V8... before I did anything else to the car (like seats or paint) I would take care of safety concerns..

just my $.02.....

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
In my opinion digital gauges and ground lighting would look cheezy, but thats jut MY opinion

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Well, first of all I'd take car of your suspension. You have all that i-6 stuff that needs to go. Other than that I think your car looks GREAT! Oh, and I agree leave the underbody lights for the ricers! :: ;) :D

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Bright Red - (60%)
Dark Blue - (20%)
Medium Blue - (20%)
Light Blue - (0%)
That's just the lemmings talking. For 64-66 combined, the most popular single color was... white! Today, roughly 83% of all Mustangs are red. :p It's a great color, but so overdone.

VB never was all that popular, maybe 6-6.5% of first generation production, but it's still a cool color.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey everyone-
thanks for checking out my website. I am changing the suspention at the same time that I paint the car. I appriciate the suggestions, but some people seem to get out of hand. I got a few emainls of people telling me how to build my car. Its my car, i'm going to do what i want. its one thing to say, "this is how i'd do it" but saying "do it this way" pisses me off. but i'm just venting. I like underbody lights. i liked them before there were ricers, besides, where i live there aren't very many ricers, and none with underbody lights. I may go with black/black interior. Anyhow, thanks again. btw I like Vintage Burgandy

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Great job on the website Jon.... I'm always glad to see the younger crowd taking an interest in these old cars and making them the way they want them to be. I was 17 and had a 65 coupe and was doing all the same kinda things, paint and body work, little engine mods, tranny, stereo...... back in the mid 70s! Spend your money on old iron...it holds it's value better than a ricer!

If you need some ideas, check out my webpage below. If you need help, email... that's what we're here for!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts