Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it back from the machine shop about 3 weeks ago and have been test fitting all the concours "stuff". Sorry about the size of the picture. I don't know how to reduce it.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Looks.... heavy ::

But mighty nice too!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Wow, sweet!
Wish I could figure a way to shoe-horn that into the front of my '66! ::

·
Registered
771 Posts
Wow... lovealee!!!

Hmm...4.30 gears and the fittings on the oil filter, drag pack car??? The pic size is great for me, share more!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Bob, nice detailing everything looks in place, great job :)

Is this engine going into your 70 Scj mustang? I'm interested to know if the Valve covers are original to the engine? There is allot of debate as to when Ford starting applying the Snake valve covers compared to the Non snake covers? Or why there seems to be a mix of both? I know they were available over the counter?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sweet! Hmmm no power steering? I too am interested in your oil filter setup. I also would like to ask if that's a smog system coming out of the heads and going into the chrome canister?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Looks nice Bob!! How about some pics from some different angles? I was surfing Joe Sikora's web site the other day 'cause I had some questions on proper detailing on these engines and in his pics the intake was natural finish. Also the small hose between the waterpump and the intake was unpainted as was the hose clamps. I had always been told and had always seen in "correct" pics that these items were painted blue. His pics are the first ones I've seen that have these items finished in this way. Any ideas as to which is correct or was this somewhat dependant on assembly plant like so many other items seem to be? Thanks again Bob for shairing the pics and were you able to use the balancer that you bought from me?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peter, everything I've read about the snake covers says that they were accessory items available through the Ford dealers at the time. The covers on my engine are factory correct. Ford left the chromed "Powered by Ford" covers and went to these mid-way through teh 69 model year.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 69-70 intake manifold was painted factory blue unless it was a Shelby or a PI. The short hose came with some engine overspray on it because it was installed at the same time as the water pump. It always had overspray on it as did the clamps.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good catch. Actually I put it on that way for a reason. While the engine is sitting on the cradle it will be getting moved around a lot. I wanted the fins to point inward so that they wouldn't be bent if they happend to catch a pant leg or something else.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, no P/S and no A/C. Most know that the SCJ was not available with a/c. Power steering would have been nice to have but the original owner didn't order it. Yes, that's the smog stuff you see. I'm restoring this thing to factory specs. The SCJ received an oil cooler so you needed a different oil filter adapter with an inflow outflow and inflow adapters allowing for the hose hookups to the cooler.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope you guys are kidding because that fan is installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'd think it was April first!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts