Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I told some of you guys about this in the chat room but I got an update and for those of you who haven't heard this... I am a senior in autotech at my school and one of the cars that we work on is a 69 coupe. As soon as I saw this car I noticed that it was a gold mine of parts I need for my 70. Well, at the beginning of the year I asked my teacher and he told me it didn't belong to the school but to a private owner who left it there a long time ago and hasn't bothered with it in years. He didn't really want to give me the info though. Well, of course I got to know my teacher and he is a really cool guy (plus im one the best students in his class ;-). I would always bug him about getting me the contact info for this guy bc I would like to purchase parts off the car or the whole thing. Well, FINALLY today he told me who it belongs to and it turns out it is one of my old middle school teachers that now teaches at a local high school! Small world, huh? Anyways, I know everyone is prob wondering whats on this car now... It has a factory hoodscoop with the lights and harness still in tact, a pair of racing mirrors (drivers side remote), all original glass (crack in windshield), all the stainless mouldings are dent free and still actually shine, the body is complete and straight including hood, 3/4 of the interior is there although in bad shape, the rear deck lid even still has the MUSTANG lettering, and believe it or not, this car is an inline 6. Since its a 6 I can prob buy it cheaper for a parts car for my 70. Ok, now that you have all the info, how much should I offer the guy? The car has been parked at my school since the 95-96 school year and the guy has never once called my tech teacher. I am going to write him a letter and have it delivered to him by another teacher at the school that I know. Thanks, sorry post is so long.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey Chris,

I don't know much about the 69-70's except that the '69 does not have bolt in glass on the doors like your '70. I can't help with a price but I can wish you luck with your car.
BTW,I live out in Boerne and have several '67's.

If I buy another Mustang my wife is going to divorce me. I sure am going to miss her.

·
7,024 Posts
If you offer him what it's worth it may offend him. Why don't you just explain to him how much you love mustangs, and how you would really appreciate it if you could work a deal with him on the car, and you would love to buy the car, but you don't have much money...and ask him what he would have to have to let it go.

Then you can talk him down from there.

Good luck!

Phil

'65 Convertible (with many mods.)
http://www.blueriver.net/~finite/Pony.htm

·
Registered
664 Posts
What I would do is offer him whatever you are willing to part with and go from there. If he thinks it's a good deal, you're in. Chances are if he's let the car sit that long without ever asking about it, he might sell it for whatever you offer him. Although people are funny sometimes. For the last 5 years I've been trying to get a guy in my neighborhood to sell me a 66 coupe that he's had sitting in his front yard for at least 20 years that I can remember. He claims that he's going to restore it some day. I've made many generous offers, but he still won't sell. Good luck!

Every day is a holiday if you love your job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts