Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree. Need more pictures of engine and interior. But it looks great.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Beautiful car.....needs wider tires on the back Magnums.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I cannot view the page...I get the error below....

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try to get some more pics up in the next few days. I don't have a digital camera, so I'll have to get my mother to scan them for me at her work.

The engine is in, but it has big block front springs. Although originally an F-code 302-2V car, it had a 390 in it before we bought it. The PO took out the 390 to put in a Galaxie of his before we bought it, which was fine with my dad, who was wary of even small-block power. So basically we haven't changed the front springs, may do it in the future. After taking Honors Physics A and AP Physics B, though, I talked it over with my teacher, and we came to the conclusion (using simple kinematics) that it provides a better transfer of weight to the rear with the front sitting like that. It's probably just 6 and 1/2 dozen of the other, but I've gotten to like the way it sits...even though my headlights are off in the trees sometimes...lol. I was gonna get the Shelby springs one time, and my friends had to forcibly restrain me. They all liked it as it sits. I imagine it would handle better, though, sitting lower.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I'll post again when I get more pictures up.

Later,
Joe

·
Registered
804 Posts
You know, it is possible to drop the front end by cutting your front coil springs down. From the looks of it, 3/4 to 1 coil would drop your frontend level to the back (always chop 1/2 coil at a time, its easier to cut more and impossible to put back on what you cut!!!). BTW, your car is boss!!!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
looks great!! thanks for sharing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts