Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, a '68 Mercury Cyclone suddenly appeared on the side of a road near me with "For Sale" written on the window. I went and checked it out a little while ago. Here's what I found:

It said "Rare '68 Mercury Cyclone" on the windows and windshield. Also said "$3000 or trade for H.D. motorcycle".

I couldn't find a VIN, so I have no idea on engine size.

I looked over the entire car as best as I could, and couldn't find a bit of rust. Floorpans, door bottoms, wheel wells, frame, no where. All the doors and everything lined up well. I'm assuming any necessary bodywork is already done, since the fenders/doors/main body are all different colors, as if anything that needed replacing was replaced.

There were a few rips and tears in the interior, but nothing really bad.

Overall, it looked like a very solid car. The only thing is that I have no idea what it would be worth. Maybe somebody can give me a general idea of how much it would be if it had a J code vs. an S code? Or maybe a different big block?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
There is a Cyclone GT parts car near my house with no engine or trans body, decent but a lot of surface rust for $1,200.00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts