Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got away from changing diapers to get back out to the garage and work on finishing up the new motor installation in the Mach. I'm so close to being finished I can smell it...gas that is. I was turning over the engine to set the initial timing before breaking in the cam and gas started pouring out of the fuel inlets of my carburetor. :: I tightened up the tube fittings as tight as I could without stripping anything, but I just couldn't get it to seal. I was using one of those Chinese adjustable dual feed fuel lines to get around my heater hose fitting and distributer. It wasn't even that cheap ($30 or something). Is anyone able to make these not leak?? I'm going to NAPA tomorrow to see what I can replace it with.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I used a Holley dual feed line w/o any problems AFTER I tried to fit the Chineese made Spectre line kit - only because the Spectre kit was free . Most Chineese car parts are crap . Sorry if any Chineese mustang owners are offended . I sell car parts for a living and try to avoid made in China parts . No quality what so ever .

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles Dude. You will get everything fixed soon enough and you will be able to listen to your new engine roar. ::

Most Chineese car parts are crap . Sorry if any Chineese mustang owners are offended . I sell car parts for a living and try to avoid made in China parts . No quality what so ever .
There are many American parts that are of poor quality as well. The sad thing is that many companies (whether in America or overseas) are focused on making a profit and do not care about quality. As long as these inferior parts are purchased they will continue to be manufactured with an absence of quality. It is quite sad... ::

·
Registered
384 Posts
I tried one of those Spectre dual feed lines for a few minutes. I actually thought it might fit better than the Holley one I already had. Leaked like a mutha, no matter how tight. I quickly re-installed the Holley line; no leaks.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Many people only shop on price and then complain about the quality of the product YOU sold them . They seem to forget the premium quality product that was also offered . Yes , even name brand companies sell some products that are not worth buying .

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Doesn't matter if its a cheap part. You expect to maybe have to bend it to make it fit or the finish may be off in a few spots, but the part shoud do what its designed to do and that involves flowing gas without a leak. If it doesn't even do what its designed to do right out of the box, then your complaints are valid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts