Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got to a place where I needed to replace my stock exhaust manifolds and purchased a hi-po set off . I have discovered however ther is no place to accomidate the choke stove as found on my stock set. What if any, options do I have? Is the chock stove an intrigal part of the operation of my pony even if its only driven in warm weather? Will my pony run properly without the choke stove?

I spent a considerable amount for the hi-po's and am thinking a good repo set may have eliminated my current problem.

If anyone out there can provide me with some help I would appreciate it greatly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have run into the same problem and I found original Hi-Po headers and not repros.

Anyhow, the consensus here is to purchase or fabricate your own "connector" by simply wrapping the choke tube line down against the header surface. Sufficient warm air should still be able to rise up into the choke to effect the operation.

I also seem to recall someone said that either Jegs or Summit had some type of this stove mount but I have not investigated it yet. Will probably do that when I get to that point down the road...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts