Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does everyone like the idea of these people that buy cars like 390 s-codes and whatnot other 68 fastbacks and various other mustangs to make elanwhores or bullit cars?

IMO I would like to see the cars restored original!
Some of these cars esp. big blocks are getting harder to find.

Peace out! :p

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
im leaving this one alone.

i just think that if its your car, and your putting money into it, you can do anything you want, and thats fine.

better to see money put into a classic mustang for whatever purpose than seeing it rusted out and neglected ,or forgotten

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have no problem with people who like to modify their cars (there are many modded cars that have nothing to do with eleanors).

I think a modifier is no different from us. He also restores his car to his liking. The difference is in our preferences. I prefer originals or tastefully done mods. I do not like outrageous spoilers, skirts etc. But I do enjoy nice fat wheels, a lowered stance and things like that.

I hate to see those cars snapped up and then parted out, or simply broken up much more!

Many a modifier spends so much time and money and has such an eye for detail that those cars are mostly very beautifully done. Of course there are those who are original in creating mods of their own, and those who buy kits to resemble eleanor or shelby's in general. There are also those who do not know what they are doing or who want to make a quick buck and mess up big time. We've all seen great modified cars, even great looking eleanors, but we've also seen many a mod gone bad...

Generally, I'm of the opinion that it is your car and you have to enjoy it. And if that means modding it then by all means do so. If it means concourse, then do that. It's up to you!

My ex mustang was restored to factory standard specs. My future classic, which probably will be a european Ford Granada Coupe from the seventies, will be slightly modified . I've done one, now I'm going the other route.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I have not seen too many stangs down here in the deep south that are not modded to some degree. I have put in 3 point seat belts, disc brakes via the granada swap, autometer gauges into the gauge cluster, probe seats for a much better place to park my butt and safety for the high back seats, cd player, deleted all emblems and fake side scoops, list goes on and on. A wing spoiler would really be stupid on a 65 or 66, but I have seen 2 with that "option" :eek: I guess it's whatever makes the stanger happy. :: Most shows I attend I see something that's tastefully done that I like...and sometimes wish I had thought of that! ::

K

·
0 Posts
I have blown 14-16g on it so far
IMO I would like to see the cars restored original
Mmmmmm those that live by the sword...... ::

Basically we all have opinions but we generally agree that 'its your car, you do what you want with it'.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You mean making these?
It was shown on Rides on TLC or DSC.
If no one is doing anything with them why not?
I wonder if the check the codes first. Email them and find out, or call.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Believe it or not, this debate happens in a similar fashion on new cars as well. The club I belong to for my daily driver Cougar has fans of stock or only factory mods. While there are some that are tricked out so much, you probably wouldn't even recognize the car. Every now and then when I am driving, I often wonder if 30 years from now, someone will be replacing the interior, trying to figure out how it got a factory looking glass sunroof and who installed it, if they don't have the window sticker at that point. All in all it is up to the owner. I prefer not seeing cars parted out and love it when mulitpul peices of several cars that are to far gone are put together to make one.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm haveing a hard time deciding if I want to cut my dash for a CD player, let alone anything else (other than safty items).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMO, thats all!
Make your car a four door or a station wagon if you like!

I just like to stick to original mustangs myself.

Each to his own!

·
Registered
721 Posts
I don't like it either, and the more Eleanors I see the more overdone (politest word I can think of) they look. But, to each his own.

Personally I feel insulted when someone says I should turn my Mustang into a Bullitt clone. Sure that was a great movie, but is there so little merit in my Lime Gold Fastback GT that I'd want to bury it under a clone job? (NOT that I dislike Bullitt clones because I do love 'em... just not on my car.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts