Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the air cleaner lid for a '72 Q code is "supposed" to be chrome or blue?

I doubt it matters, but it's a ragtop.

Trying to figure out what is/isn't correct since the Marti report states it's a 1 of 1 car. I believe most of it is correct.

I'm going to take it to a judged Mustang show and see how it does from a points standpoint. I know that will also tell me what's not correct.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Should be a chrome lid.Ford used the chrome lids and the air cleaner housing with the vacucum operated side flap up until January 73.My 73 Q code was built in December of 72 and had the chrome top,with the side vaccumm operated door.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I haave several of 351 air cleaners with the vacumn door and they have a chrome lid. I don't think they are mint but the decals are still on them. I can check to see if there is a p/n on them if that would help.

v159hill
69Chop1
[email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, that's what I have - except my engine compartment doesn't look that good!

http://users.rcn.com/rpxr400/P6131505.jpg

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
actually you could help me out with completeing mine.

Do you think you can take pictures of how your vacuum hoses are laid out on yours i have no idea how to correctly hook up the flapper doors. to the air cleaner.

i have one hose going from the heat riser to the little connector under the air cleaner, but i'm not sure how the rest hooks up.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Jim,sent you a PM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Rick. I am in the same boat. Is your car early or late production. Mine is april 72. I am looking for the vaccume hose routing also. Do you have the small blue valve on the passenger side cylinder head in the back.It has three hoses hooked to it. They go to the distributer and manifold.I am also looking for the chrome lid for my air cleaner.My car was missing the carb and air cleaner.Also if you have the original distr. is it single or dual point with dual diaphram. I have a four speed car. Thanks Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts