Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took 2 vent window frames, 2 rear quarter window frames, a small peach basket full of door latch handles, window cranks, rear view mirror brackets, and some stuff to be gold cad plated to the chrome shop today. This guy does a lot of vintage car stuff. Estimate was $1270 and 6 weeks wait. Ouch. Its a little more than I expected. I'm told its very labor intensive work and time consuming. Oh well. I'd rather pay to get my authentic Ford "Made in the USA" stuff redone than to buy repop crap made in some ricer sweat shop. :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd rather pay to get my authentic Ford "Made in the USA" stuff redone than to buy repop crap made in some ricer sweat shop. :p
I like your attitude. As we see more and more layoffs in this country this perspective helps the U.S working guy/gal. I know it's hard to resist the cheap parts/tools/misc items, but realizing that the extra $$ I spend help others like me enjoy the higher standard of living than those "sweat" shops in foreign countries that never higher their people's standard of living.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Let's just keep in mind the companies who own those sweat shops that produce all the repro stuff....

·
Registered
738 Posts
TDC
I presume you went to Jon W's Shop. I had some stuff done there and it came out great. Also have used Pauls chrome with good results. A friend of mine sent his stuff to a Brand X place that quoted him 30% less than Pauls and it came back crappy. You get what you pay for.
I also read were some people said the repo chrome vent wings did not fit that well and some people say they fit great.
At least replating the original you know what you have.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts