Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do the Cincinnati guys get parts locally? Lexington has Doc's, Louisville has a couple places, Columbus has KAR, and Dayton has Mr. Mustang, but I can't seem to find anyplace in the Cincy area.

I don't mind mail ordering most stuff, but I prefer not to pay truck freight on some items, and alot of the time it's better to actually see and feel the part before you buy it.

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have spent a lot of money on parts at the spring (first weekend in April) and fall (Thanksgiving weekend) swap at the Columbus, Ohio fairgrounds. If looking for NOS parts, I have called ahead and ordered for delivery to the show. Mr. Mustang was good for most of the sheetmetal, but the price is high, compared to reproduction. But it makes up for it when you have to rebuild the aftermarket junk to make it fit. If you are going with aftermarket parts, ask here about vender service and part quality. Both varies considerably. Greg Stillwell at Evansville, Indiana has a lot of NOS parts at times too. He sometimes lists on e-bay too. At one time, I had a number for a Ford dealer in Cincinnati that had a lot of old Mustang and other Ford parts, but don't know at present.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Not much in town...CJ Pony parts has free ground shipping on almost everything, so they've gotten most of my business since I've been here. Haven't needed anything oversize though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Any parts in paticular you are looking for? I personally buy alot from CincySpeed for performance items. Napa actually has had alot of stuff I have needed also. For sheet metal, I purchased everything from The Paddock, but I kind of remember hearing they went out of business, maybe some one can confirm this.

Not sure exactly where in Cincy you are, but I am always ordering small stuff, if you want to go in together and split shipping.

Jason

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Your best bet would be as mentioned, the spring and fall swap
meets in Columbus, they are big, many vendors there to choose from.

Paddock in Indiana did go out of business.

Green Sales in Cincy (not a Ford Dealer) is a place that buys out Ford Dealers stock
usually when they go out of business, they don't have much Mustang parts
but give them a try Green Sales Company - Obsolete Ford parts, Lincoln, Mercury parts Green Sales Company, supplier of obsolete Ford parts and Lincoln / Mercury parts.* Our Ford parts inventory represents all Ford and Lincoln / Mercury products from 1950 to the present.

If you are looking for some used parts I have some, leave me a PM

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for all the responses guys. I've been to the Columbus swap a few times, always lots of good stuff.

I've been to Green Sales as well, but they rarely have Mustang stuff, and when they do, it is NOS and top dollar.

I'm not really looking for anything in particular right now, I just wanted to confirm that there wasn't a source I was missing out on locally.

It's neat to see the who the tri-staters are on the board - are any of you in the local MCA club? I've been to one of their summer car shows on the north side of time, but that is the only involvement I've had with them.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts