Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else having problems getting thru to cj pony parts? Every time I call, I sit on hold and am eventually disconnected. I sat on hold for 15 min while being told my estimated wait time was 4 min. Ive sent a email thru the websites but have not heard back.

Does anyone have a email address to an actual person? This is a little disappointing, i pretty much buy everything from them

Thanks

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Sorry, I don’t have specific contact info for CJPP... I quit using them after my first 2-3 orders. There have recently been a few threads suggesting you are not alone.

I do have contact info for at least 3 actual, live people at NPD and always get a quick response. I am pretty sure Rick has an alert pop up anytime problems with NPD are aired on VMF, as he is quick to chime in and resolve...just sayin’.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with CJPP. I love the layout of their website, it's very easy to find just about anything you need, they have lots of good descriptions and on top of that they have a great YouTube channel with a ton of how-to videos that have helped me out quite a bit over the years. Unfortunately that's where my praise for them ends as I've had several orders get messed up, long wait times trying to speak with someone in customer service and so on. Because of this, I'll order through Summit, NPD or just about anyone else first before going through CJPP. It's unfortunate as I'm sure they could be a thriving business but there are dozens of other places out there to get parts, why order from one that has poor customer service?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Their communication sucks. My best luck getting a hold of someone was to call early in the morning and get on the list to call you back. If you call late in the day they will never get to you and they do not seem to carry the call back que over to the next day.

What I found is that their website status saying something shipped is not accurate. You only know it has shipped when you actually get a tracking number. I finally did get my upholstery.

·
Dimples
4,465 Posts
I don’t know why anyone bothers with them anymore. Aside from a tiny handful of things that can only be gotten from them (the Performance Spring saddles are great), there are too many good reasons to go straight to NPD. Chief among those reasons, Rick is a frequent contributor here and a great guy to deal with. They answer the phone and are extremely helpful.

I checked in on their Memorial Day sale just for giggles and cross-shopped NPD. Almost every sale item I looked at was discounted to be the same price or a little more expensive than NPD. Pretty funny.

·
Registered
68 Mustang Coupe
18 Posts
I bought trunk corners from CJPP for my 68 coupe last week. When they arrived one was obviously for 65-66 but had a sticker that said 68 over the 65-66 sticker. No response to email and can’t get anything but a busy signal from them. Bummer.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Took 3 months for them to send me my latest back order item that wasn't listed as back order when I ordered it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sorry to see this. My luck may run out at some point, but placed an order late on May 25, arrived May 28. One back order part, received today.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Welcome to the club.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts