Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
450 Posts
You continued a thread about customer service that began in 2019. If you're having difficulty with poor customer service this year, you should probably start a new thread. There could very easily be many changes in a business operations in over a year (even if you don't factor in the Covid issue). You can search for issues on this site and go back to Many questions (and answers) that began even Many More years ago.
Thats exactly why the site has a search option...no need to start a new thread over the same ongoing issue. I think its telling CJ is still having issues and in fact appear to have gotten worse.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can find stuff in the catalog. Can’t find anything on the website. But then I’m old. I couldn’t even find where to order a new catalog........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All....a VMF newbe here......I have a 69 Cougar for many years and now helping a friend with his 69 Mustang, so my first time picking up bits from CJPP. Unfortunately it hasn't been a great experience. One large and rather expensive part in a recent order, never made it with the rest of the shipment. When I call CJPP the people I get on the other end of the phone (averaging 45 minutes on hold) are great and willing to help, however, there's very little follow up and after almost 5 days of calling.......no resolution.

Silence is never a good thing in any transaction.

My question to all the folks in VMF land.....is there a phone number of someone at CJPP who I can call that can shake the tree a bit?

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
450 Posts
Unfortunately I'm having the same issues. Your luck your get anyone on the phone at all. I have had no such luck. Their service is very poor and only getting worse. There is another thread going about this as well.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hello All....a VMF newbe here......I have a 69 Cougar for many years and now helping a friend with his 69 Mustang, so my first time picking up bits from CJPP. Unfortunately it hasn't been a great experience. One large and rather expensive part in a recent order, never made it with the rest of the shipment. When I call CJPP the people I get on the other end of the phone (averaging 45 minutes on hold) are great and willing to help, however, there's very little follow up and after almost 5 days of calling.......no resolution.

Silence is never a good thing in any transaction.

My question to all the folks in VMF land.....is there a phone number of someone at CJPP who I can call that can shake the tree a bit?
Welcome to VMF - you'll find many a thread here about cjpp and the issues they have brought upon themselves. You'll also find that many now utilize different vendors because of their issues.

National Parts Depot (NPD) is my go to source as I've never experienced any issues along with the fact that the president of the company, Rick Schmidt - @69bossnine - is a very involved member here on the forum. Virginia Classic, Kentucky Mustang are also a couple others that come immediately to mind.

Best of luck

John

Reactions: HK Cat and AZ_Ryan

·
Registered
277 Posts
Haven't had any issues with CJ yet.
But it's only been a little over a year ordering parts through them.

·
Registered
1966 T code coupe
339 Posts
I'll agree NPD's website sucks. I like the company and the way its run but their search feature is god awful. You can type in exactly what you want and there is so much other junk that gets brought up and usually the more specific my search is the deeper in the back my item is lol. Last time I ordered I gave up using the website and went and borrowed dad's catalog so I could find everything I wanted and type in the part numbers.
This is exactly how I have to do it as well. I type in for example 1966 mustang rear view mirror and I get license plate frames and manuals for whatever part I type in so I just grab the catalog and order by part number as well. Shouldn't have to be this way. Other than that terrible website NPD is awesome!

·
Vendor
4,166 Posts
This is exactly how I have to do it as well. I type in for example 1966 mustang rear view mirror and I get license plate frames and manuals for whatever part I type in so I just grab the catalog and order by part number as well. Shouldn't have to be this way. Other than that terrible website NPD is awesome!
Trying not to pull the scabs off the wounds in this thread (i.e. our less-than-state-of-art website LOL), but....

Less is more when searching with our search window. All of our research was done, databases designed, and categorized/organized, the way that Ford originally did it. And it was well before Al Gore invented the internet.

That means that a part name is a part name, a description is a description, a model is a model, a year or year-range is a year or year-range, and application details are application details.

Ford (and all other manufacturers) never took all that information, and jumbled it all together into a big messy wad of metadata intended to optimize web-searching.

But today, in the internet age, big messy wads of keywords and data is how it's done. So it's a matter of us taking our beautiful, pristine and organized/standardized database of over 130,000 parts, and mashing the separate fields all together into a single title that pops up correctly when summoned by any number of different search terms, but hopefully doesn't read like a 4 year old's temper tantrum.

We're slowly working on that very thing LOL, and we're running behind, I get it!! In fact, we have a LOT of projects that we're running behind on, because we're so stinking busy just trying to keep all our other bowling pins in the air.

In other words, when searching, do not type your year and car "1966 Mustang" into the search window. That totally sabotages your search, because those terms are not typically in our titles. Instead, just click on 65-73 Mustang when you arrive at the website, pop your year into the year-filter, and you're done. Don't bother redundantly typing that information into your search terms. You'll find that if you go to the site, click on Mustang, click 1966, and then simply type "rear view mirror", or just "mirror", your wishes will be granted. ;) ;)

Less is more in our search window, don't pepper/confuse it with unnecessary terms, and it works much better.

As soon as we finish our brand-new operating system (which is the main focus of our IT Department until it's done), our focus will shift back to website and revisions. I promise! :)

I understand the frustration guys, and as always, anyone who'd like a paper catalog, PM me your address.

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's my recent experience with NPD as a newbe.......just made a large order with them and one of the parts arrived damaged. I gave them a call and made a quick description of the order #, part# and what's damaged. In total a 10 minute call including the hold time.....that's OK!

Next thing I know, I get a shipping notification that another part is on the way.......brilliant!

I'll take their website any day for that kind of customer service....spot on NPD.

IMHO

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
450 Posts
Made my first order from NPD last week and it went very smooth. Plus I like being able to talk to an actual human if I have a question about a product. So far so good. (y)

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
450 Posts
Trying not to pull the scabs off the wounds in this thread (i.e. our less-than-state-of-art website LOL), but....

Less is more when searching with our search window. All of our research was done, databases designed, and categorized/organized, the way that Ford originally did it. And it was well before Al Gore invented the internet.

That means that a part name is a part name, a description is a description, a model is a model, a year or year-range is a year or year-range, and application details are application details.

Ford (and all other manufacturers) never took all that information, and jumbled it all together into a big messy wad of metadata intended to optimize web-searching.

But today, in the internet age, big messy wads of keywords and data is how it's done. So it's a matter of us taking our beautiful, pristine and organized/standardized database of over 130,000 parts, and mashing the separate fields all together into a single title that pops up correctly when summoned by any number of different search terms, but hopefully doesn't read like a 4 year old's temper tantrum.

We're slowly working on that very thing LOL, and we're running behind, I get it!! In fact, we have a LOT of projects that we're running behind on, because we're so stinking busy just trying to keep all our other bowling pins in the air.

In other words, when searching, do not type your year and car "1966 Mustang" into the search window. That totally sabotages your search, because those terms are not typically in our titles. Instead, just click on 65-73 Mustang when you arrive at the website, pop your year into the year-filter, and you're done. Don't bother redundantly typing that information into your search terms. You'll find that if you go to the site, click on Mustang, click 1966, and then simply type "rear view mirror", or just "mirror", your wishes will be granted. ;) ;)

Less is more in our search window, don't pepper/confuse it with unnecessary terms, and it works much better.

As soon as we finish our brand-new operating system (which is the main focus of our IT Department until it's done), our focus will shift back to website and revisions. I promise! :)

I understand the frustration guys, and as always, anyone who'd like a paper catalog, PM me your address.

Rick
NPD
Hi Rick! First of all let me give you high praise as I just received my first order from NPD and everything went quite smoothly. I was impressed with the service when I call and I plan on using you moving forward. (y)

However to address your "less is more" suggestion in the search function...I just selected the year of my mustang in the drop down, then simply typed "hub cap". I got 9 pages of results including every oil breather cap, vacuum hose cap, fuel cap, steering hub, and distributor cap.

Again, I certainly don't mean to pile on since you seem aware of the issue. But it seems less isn't always more and I think that is a frustration people have with the search function of the site.

Cheers -
Ryan

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi Rick! First of all let me give you high praise as I just received my first order from NPD and everything went quite smoothly. I was impressed with the service when I call and I plan on using you moving forward. (y)

However to address your "less is more" suggestion in the search function...I just selected the year of my mustang in the drop down, then simply typed "hub cap". I got 9 pages of results including every oil breather cap, vacuum hose cap, fuel cap, steering hub, and distributor cap.

Again, I certainly don't mean to pile on since you seem aware of the issue. But it seems less isn't always more and I think that is a frustration people have with the search function of the site.

Cheers -
Ryan
Because "hubcap" is one word.

·
I won a special award
7,982 Posts
Here's my recent experience with NPD as a newbe.......just made a large order with them and one of the parts arrived damaged. I gave them a call and made a quick description of the order #, part# and what's damaged. In total a 10 minute call including the hold time.....that's OK!

Next thing I know, I get a shipping notification that another part is on the way.......brilliant!

I'll take their website any day for that kind of customer service....spot on NPD.

IMHO

One of the reasons I'm a NPD customer.

Reactions: HK Cat

·
Vendor
4,166 Posts
You got me there! In my defense its spelled both ways on different sites (y)
64-1/2 first beat me to it, but eventually it's our job to finish populating every single item on our website with every term (and slang) imaginable to help bring the right stuff to the top of the results.

Here is how Ford described the 1130 product category:

And here is what TECHNICALLY a "hubcap" is:

And here is technically what a wheel cover is:

So whenever you're getting a dead end, or a bunch of non-related garbage, in a search, just try to re-think the terminology you're using, and the possibly unnecessary additional terms you're including.

(Photos courtesy of the NPD Collection ;) :) )

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
450 Posts
64-1/2 first beat me to it, but eventually it's our job to finish populating every single item on our website with every term (and slang) imaginable to help bring the right stuff to the top of the results.

Here is how Ford described the 1130 product category:

View attachment 792051

And here is what TECHNICALLY a "hubcap" is:

View attachment 792052

And here is technically what a wheel cover is:

View attachment 792053

So whenever you're getting a dead end, or a bunch of non-related garbage, in a search, just try to re-think the terminology you're using, and the possibly unnecessary additional terms you're including.

(Photos courtesy of the NPD Collection ;) :) )

Rick
NPD
Will do, thanks! Kind of reminds me of the time I had explain the difference between a grill and a grille to someone :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
67 coupe | 5.0 HO motor | C4 | 2.79 drivetrain
19 Posts
Order up one of the catalogs from NPD and it will help. Their website was one of my biggest complaints but it seems to be getting better, or maybe I am figuring it out. Their customer service is second to none, Rick being a active member here and he has no issue what so ever in answering questions or handling complaints right here on this forum. That's hard to beat.
Agree... I figured out the trick with NPD was to get the printed catalog and look up the item then order. Their site is still not very intuitive and hard to navigate but their customer service is right on and their parts are much better than CJPP. I don't care anymore if I have to pay shipping. It's worth it.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts