Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or even used the CJ Pony Parts 67 Deluxe Dash kit. I like it because it includes the heater control panel. When I asked who the manufacturer was they said "Its made overseas. They are the best ones that we have found". They are almost 1/2 the cost of the Burtons.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140174429964

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000230/Images/17/DTDK_IB6_ebay.jpg

·
Registered
915 Posts
Thats very nice, I got Burtons in the convertible.I'am very pleased with his product.But I have to admit it is costly.get youself a bunch of small heavy duty paper clips, the ones that are spring loaded to glue the piece by the heater control and use DELCO cement it worked good for me. Mike

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike - did the Burton Heater Control look like the one pictured above?

Do you have a close up of your Burton Dash installed? Does the Center Piece look like the one pictured above?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yes, The pic looks Identicle to the one I received. I will dig up a picture of the dash. Mine was ordered for the 68. Burton was the only one who had the correct 68 dash with the running horse bright light and the proper Turn signal area. Mike

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I'll be watching this post, I was just wondering who had gotten deluxe dashs and from which catalog co. especially any that people were not happy with the quality.
That's a good price for the complete set from what I've been looking at. Just the gauge set goes for $150-200 and your right, I haven't seen any with the htr. control cover.
I'll have to bookmark and get a catalog from CJ's.
Thanks for posting, please repost if you order and receive with pics and your take on quality. Jon

·
Registered
561 Posts
I got the Burtons and I think that the finish is too smooth and glossy. In fact, it is so shiny that I thought the dash pieces had a plastic shipping film over them. I tried in vain to peel it off.

The grain of the Burton aluminum looks good, but it looks like it's been clear-coated. The metal console overlays don't have that shiny look, but they are exceptionally fragile, so I almost wish that they had a protective coating over them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have that kit from CJ's and it looks very nice to me. I haven't fit them yet in the car, but they look very nice, although I have not seen any originals in good shape to compare them to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts