Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Add me to the list of "no more CJPP". :mad:

I decided to use up my points at CJ's in February, before they expired, so I ordered a ST fender cover and a T5 shifter ball. Total came to about $48 after my points were used. I used PayPal to pay, as I usually do.

I received the fender cover in a week. When I hadn't seen the shifter ball after a couple weeks went by, I went to my CJ account and found it was on backorder...and there it stayed like that for 2 MONTHS. However, what pissed me off was they charged me for the shifter ball at the same time as the fender cover - the entire order amount. I spent well over an hour trying to reach someone, finally got someone to answer my online chat and cancelled the order, refunding my PP account.

But wait, there's more. And this one was the final straw.

In December, I ordered a set of Ron Morris rear shock plates with the tie down loop (I trailer my car to the track, and these would save me time). They were my Xmas gift to myself, because at $160 for some sheet metal they weren't cheap. They arrived in a week or two.

I didn't get around to installing them until April (because I had shoulder surgery in December), when I found out they won't work with my Watts link. So I contacted CJ via email for a return. Their response:

"At this time this is outside of our 60 day policy and we are unable to accept a return for this part. I know that they have not been opened or used. You could always trying (sic) to sell the item on your own since we are unable to accept a return at this time for that specific item. If there is other part that you need we can definitely offer you a deal with a salesmen (sic).

EXCUSE ME? Offer me a deal?? How about just taking back the parts, even with a restocking fee? THEY ARE STILL IN THE BOX, UNOPENED.

The parts are listed on ebay as we speak, with no takers. It's a specialty item that few people want or need. I'm furious at CJPP, as this seriously takes the cake.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I cant log into my CJPP account. Tried to resolve the issue with them, then just gave up. So I have zero CJPP points.

Finally received my instock backordered parts today.

Better chance of calling Graceland and Elvis answering the phone than someone at CJPP answering the phone.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My power steering pump from them....a new (not rebuilt) Ford sourced part no less FAILED after only a few hundred miles. It was groggy from the start but started making horrible shrieking noises. Used Type-F and the fluid level was perfect. They are however giving me a full refund without hesistation and I'm buying from a different vendor. Mainly because I don't want to wait for a return ship and have no pump while I'm waiting for shipment to and from. I'll do the swap in one day since I'll have both parts.

They were surprised it was so bad....but trying the Lares brand this time new again, not rebuilt. I guess it's a numbers game. X many new pumps from any vendor will be bad. Rest that are good you don't hear about.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Add me to the list of "no more CJPP". :mad:

In December, I ordered a set of Ron Morris rear shock plates with the tie down loop (I trailer my car to the track, and these would save me time).

I didn't get around to installing them until April (because I had shoulder surgery in December), when I found out they won't work with my Watts link. So I contacted CJ via email for a return.
not trying to sound like a dick, but I really don't see how this is their fault or problem. you ordered the wrong parts without making sure they would fit your application. I think we've all done it, I know I have. I just sucked it up and sold them on my own.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
same crap they did with me 5 years ago-sold me an aluminum driveshaft that would fit my aod 66 mustang...discussed with them that I had a hipo mustang switching the c4 to a PA aod...yep, this 450 driveshaft is what you need...wrong, with the 9 inch it was too long, of course I had delays installing the aod...hipo flexplate issues, then a c6 flex plate that was causing more installation issues, so, pushing the discovery time out to 6 months before I figured out it was too long ..I offered to pay to ship it back and take a store credit..nope, they told me to try to sell it on my own, or get it cut down at my expense, blah blah blah..tfb...so, I just buy from NPD or summit and haven't looked back, and never recommend or support them.......its all good till you have a problem and then its your problem only...

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
My power steering pump from them....a new (not rebuilt) Ford sourced part no less FAILED after only a few hundred miles. It was groggy from the start but started making horrible shrieking noises. Used Type-F and the fluid level was perfect. They are however giving me a full refund without hesistation and I'm buying from a different vendor. Mainly because I don't want to wait for a return ship and have no pump while I'm waiting for shipment to and from. I'll do the swap in one day since I'll have both parts.

They were surprised it was so bad....but trying the Lares brand this time new again, not rebuilt. I guess it's a numbers game. X many new pumps from any vendor will be bad. Rest that are good you don't hear about.
Certain products like anything rebuilt I check with Rockauto first. My wife's 65 Vert PS pump was leaking so I bought a rebuilt Lares pump from Rockauto instead of the seal kit. Never had a problem with Rockauto returns/refunds.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
same crap they did with me 5 years ago-sold me an aluminum driveshaft that would fit my aod 66 mustang...discussed with them that I had a hipo mustang switching the c4 to a PA aod...yep, this 450 driveshaft is what you need...wrong, with the 9 inch it was too long, of course I had delays installing the aod...hipo flexplate issues, then a c6 flex plate that was causing more installation issues, so, pushing the discovery time out to 6 months before I figured out it was too long ..I offered to pay to ship it back and take a store credit..nope, they told me to try to sell it on my own, or get it cut down at my expense, blah blah blah..tfb...so, I just buy from NPD or summit and haven't looked back, and never recommend or support them.......its all good till you have a problem and then its your problem only...
this I agree with, that would be completely on them. if after explaining exactly what your working on, them telling you it was the correct part and not fitting, they should have taken it back, 6 months or not.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm just curious... will NPD and Summit take back parts after six months or more? I'm curious, because NPD's return policy says 60 days and Summit says 90.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I understand it was over the 60 day return policy, however, I was asking for an exception and got nowhere. It's not like I tried to install it or modified it; they are still packaged in their original box, untouched other than to take pictures.

I've been a customer of theirs for well over a decade- that used to mean something. Anyone in the retail business knows that exceptions can (and should) be made in order to keep a customer. It's when the business ignores their customer base that people start posting on social media about them being a bad business to deal with. Unfortunately for CJPP, that horse has already left the barn.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Another go around with CJPP.

Im not going to bore you with the details other than its my fault for doing business with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a newbie to cleaning up vintage Mustangs this was the first place the internet threw at me. Great web site compared to other's I'd found. I have been burned a couple times by parts that showed "in stock, in extended inventory" only to have them get back ordered. Exhaust manifold took about 6 weeks to show up and I'm waiting on a steering wheel that's going on about a month. Probably have about $2500 in miscellaneous other parts so far and most were shipped the day after ordering. I bought my wheels there and worked a pick up at the Vegas warehouse with an RV trip I had in the area. Folks there were really nice and helpful with a few extra parts I did at the counter.
After reading this thread I started getting parts from NPD. Same next day shipment, although $30 shipping for a 5lb package from LA to San Jose seems a bit excessive. Compared to Pony Parts their website sucks. But I've learned to find stuff in the paper catalog and then just search the part number.
I would not have tried this 20 years ago without these resources though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
As a newbie to cleaning up vintage Mustangs this was the first place the internet threw at me. Great web site compared to other's I'd found. I have been burned a couple times by parts that showed "in stock, in extended inventory" only to have them get back ordered. Exhaust manifold took about 6 weeks to show up and I'm waiting on a steering wheel that's going on about a month. Probably have about $2500 in miscellaneous other parts so far and most were shipped the day after ordering. I bought my wheels there and worked a pick up at the Vegas warehouse with an RV trip I had in the area. Folks there were really nice and helpful with a few extra parts I did at the counter.
After reading this thread I started getting parts from NPD. Same next day shipment, although $30 shipping for a 5lb package from LA to San Jose seems a bit excessive. Compared to Pony Parts their website sucks. But I've learned to find stuff in the paper catalog and then just search the part number.
I would not have tried this 20 years ago without these resources though.

I agree with the NPD site not being very easy to navigate which is common among the Mustang parts sites. I hate to say it but CJ does have one of the best laid out sites for Mustang parts. Many sites I have to dig around the site to find what I'm looking for as they put stuff in strange places. The worst is the closest supplier to me which is Classic/Obsolete in OKC. Their online catalog is just their paper catalog and parts are strewn all around the catalog in a random fashion. Sheet metal parts spread all over the catalog....

Anyone want to set up a Mustang supplier in Fort Worth? I'll help... That or when is amazon going to start carrying parts...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I agree with the NPD site not being very easy to navigate which is common among the Mustang parts sites. I hate to say it but CJ does have one of the best laid out sites for Mustang parts. Many sites I have to dig around the site to find what I'm looking for as they put stuff in strange places. The worst is the closest supplier to me which is Classic/Obsolete in OKC. Their online catalog is just their paper catalog and parts are strewn all around the catalog in a random fashion. Sheet metal parts spread all over the catalog....

Anyone want to set up a Mustang supplier in Fort Worth? I'll help... That or when is amazon going to start carrying parts...

Soon I hope.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Is Dallas Mustang not close enough for a local parts source?
https://www.dallasmustang.com/

I have actually been to Texas and realize that it might be 100 miles from wherever you are near Fort Worth, but with your location listed as DFW I had to throw it out there.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I talked to Yupha once concerning a problem I had. I explained it to her and she asked for some further information. While getting it ( less than 30 seconds) hung up on me. Lol
I immediately called her back within seconds, guess what. Yupha just quit the company and walked out I was told!!! Lol
I tried several other people with no luck, just the runaround. Well, apparently she still works there. What a joke.

·
Dimples
3,455 Posts
That would be great, but I think we're probably a couple decades too late. There used to be Southwest Mustang parts, but they closed down.

Trying to go up against the big boys these days would be tough. Sounds like a good way to go broke while having a warehouse full of Mustang parts.

You might try Mid Cities Mustang in Euless.

Mid-Cities Mustang

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
I talked to Yupha once concerning a problem I had. I explained it to her and she asked for some further information. While getting it ( less than 30 seconds) hung up on me. Lol
I immediately called her back within seconds, guess what. Yupha just quit the company and walked out I was told!!! Lol
I tried several other people with no luck, just the runaround. Well, apparently she still works there. What a joke.
Thanks for reminding me, Yupha Matos said (on May 9th) that she would have her boss/supervisor named Bob Fisher call me back, before she hung up on me. It is now June 4th and I have not received a call back from Bob or her so I will be following up with them.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts