Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about customer service!!! Ordered paint and dye over two weeks ago from these jokers. Emailed numerous times without reply. Called today and was told that they didn't have the paint, so they were holding the dye until they got it. Would have been nice if they had let me know. I ordered from them because I thought I'd get the stuff faster (they are closer than most vendors). HA! Now there is no chance of getting my console done before I leave on my trip this weekend. As I said in my last email to them "I don't have time to screw around with companies that don't ship in a timely manner and do not answer emails" AAAARrrrrggghhh!!!!

http://spitcup.knac.com/a mustang front april 2001 small.jpg

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
You gotta love customer service. I just cancelled a water service because they charged me $2 with no explaination.
Turns out it's because of higher costs - I probably would have paid it if they had just attached an explaination.
What ever happened to just telling people what's happening?

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy that sounds familiar----I placed a rather large order with CJ Pony Parts back in the beginning of January (in person I might add). I picked up the parts that they had in their warehouse and was told by the manager/owner that the headlight buckets plus a couple of other items would be in within a weeks time "no problem". I kept calling every week to check on the status of my order and the customer service rep kept saying anyday now. Finally after a month and a half I called for the final time to find that they received a shipment of the parts that I ordered but sold them to other customers and that they would put in a new order in a couple of days for me. So after a month and a half of waiting I come to find that they still didn't even order my parts from the manufacturer. Terrible customer service!!! Sorry I ran on so long but your post sparked bad memories! Now I order through NPD who got me the parts in 2 days that CJ couldn't get me in a month and a half!!! Good luck to you on your project and on future dealings with vendors!!!

Mike
'68 289 Mustang Coupe
'00 Chevy Silverado

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds familiar. I ordered some parts online from them. I got a confirmation of the order pretty quickly. I waited for it to arrive. It didn't. I called them and they told me that their online system had no way to notify customers of parts on backorder. I took my business elsewhere. I mean, how hard is it to query a database to see if what was ordered actually shipped. If they are going to take orders online, they should hire someone that knows what they are doing.

Jeff Crumpley
Austin, Texas
68 302 j-code coupe
99 5.0 Eddie Bauer Explorer

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly right! How can you have online ordering, but not answer emails or let people know if stuff is backordered? Things shouldn't be this difficult.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NPD and Paddock have been good to me (so far). I work in customer service (not for long though!) and let me tell you it just sucks. Dont get me wrong, because customer service people ARE usually the ones to drop the ball. Spitcup - great username by the way, where you from in ME?

Woodman

67 coupe - 302 4V, C4, Versailles 9"

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Well...... don't wanna jinx you..... but, better hope the colors you orderd match what you have.... I just went through a deal where I orderd interior paint from three different suppliers before it matched what I had! Not a shade off, had three different colors and all where suppose to be Dark red!

Ken
99 GTP\
97 Yukon
68 Gt Convert

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the most part ive had great experience with CJ's... but some of that sounds familiar: i ordered paint and it took weeks to get (they emailed me though), I ordered stuff in person 2 weeks ago and they havent sent me the parts that were backordered, i hope to get them soon. I know how you feel about them not answering emails though

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try mustangs unlimited. im here in tx and i dont think its ever taken longer than a week. last time it took a week and one item was back ordered. i got the back order 2 days later. my dad just ordered something and it was here in 4 days, theyre pretty fast, my opinion.

Corpus Christ TX

·
Registered
911 Posts
I buy the bulk of my parts from Virginia Classic Mustang. They have excellent items, excellent service and if it is back ordered for any reason they tell you or it is listed on your packing slip. Anything they don't sell I tend to find in the larger catalogs from NPD and Paddok...each vendor always has a few items each other don't...but overall VA Classic has been great.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In reply to my own post, I just got an email back concerning getting body work done there... I got excited seeing it in my inbox but when i opened it there was NOTHING there, they just sent me a BLANK email... arghhh

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also ordered most of my parts from Va classic for the reasons you stated. Plus they at least know about the cars when you have a question and chew the fat with you about them. nice personal touch.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On a positive note I have found that Virgina Mustang provides good advice and very good service. I have never had a problem with them.

66 Conv.
66 T-5 GT Coupe (Export)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have bought a lot of parts from Virginia mustangs...they didn't have the dye I was looking for!!! My favorite parts story is Virgina Mustangs shipping my p/s cylinder and drag link overnight...called at 4 pm, 10 minutes before UPS usaually picks up there, and had my parts by 10 am the next morning.
That is customer service!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey...Spitcup is taken from our band...the Spitcups!!! I'm in Buxton Maine, about 15 miles west of Portland.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts