Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CJ Pony Parts has been a great website since I first signed up for it. Shipping is great and parts quality is perfect! Parts are the exact ones for my car! Also came with grease fittings and cotter pins! Happy to say I will use this again for my project!

Attachments

·
Registered
33,672 Posts
I've been doing business with CJPP for almost 20 years. I have rarely had issues other than occasionally the random stock-out. I've bought through the mail and at their Harrisburg store. Every time I've visited I've been treated with respect and courtesy. I have to surmise that in the majority of issues I read about here and on FB are ones where they could have done a better job keeping the customer informed about the status of their order. Having worked on busy parts counters I can understand how stuff either doesn't get done or falls through the cracks. My "best friend" was a simple school "composition book" that was always by my side to write stuff down to review throughout the day and simply MAKING the time to call people...that part of the job is just as important as answering the phone.

·
Registered
416 Posts
This reminds me just how lucky we are with our Mustangs. Great parts availability, multitudes of vendors with parts, service, research and support for however we express our love of our cars.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I also never had a problem with cjpony and would always buy during their sales events and rarely encountered a backorder or parts that didn't fit ect. I bought mainly on price and their free shipping. Keep up the good work CJPony! Wes

·
Registered
745 Posts
CJ and NPD are my two primary sources. In my 10 years experience I have had mostly great service from both. Occasionally when something goes wrong it gets taken care of to my satisfaction. They have both made good on anything, even returns because i didn't like it. They also have different stuff sometimes. Probably spent $10K at each over the past 5 years. Now I have to say Rick (NPD) does support this forum and that is awesome.
<style></style>

·
Registered
250 Posts
I always thought CJPP had a very good website and I was treated with respect on the phone. In times past, I found their free shipping , and RPM points, to be very handy on smaller orders. I know that NPD supports this forum, and it’s members very well, but I’ve had a few issues with the order desk a few times. Nothing that I could not get past, and I respect both vendors! Yes, we are lucky.

·
Registered
192 Posts
To be fair, crappy communication (back order and shipping notifications) is my only complaint with CJPP, too. They always get what I need.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,811 Posts
I too have order a lot of parts from CJPP & NPD, both have treated me good & fair & are my go-to places for Mustang parts.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
You have to accept them for what they are. CJ is an anonymous volume distributor, their infrastructure could be selling beauty goods or farm equipment - its a generic machine. Employees are not car guys, they are reading the paragraph in the catalog to you. That's all they know. When they offer cheap options, expect them to be Chinese cheap - buyer be warned. The better brands are more consistent but sometimes cheap works just fine and can save a dime or two, it takes an informed purchase. When things work, its fine, if there is an issue it SUCKS!

NPD is a first class act, as good as CJ on a great day but if there is an issue, they want a happy customer. Quality of their stuff seems to be more consistent.

The key to both is to make damn sure they have it in stock, I usually phone and have a voice tell me its in the warehouse if I need it over the weekend. If you get in back-order purgatory, sucks-to-be-you. They have your $$$ and you wait. Again, be damn sure!!!

For me, I price shop - at the same price I'll go NPD every time, if its a big enough difference and a known brand or something I do not care is cheap, I will go CJ with a call to insure its in stock.

Play the game but play to win!

Edit: Hmmmmm OP, 12 posts, when did you take the job at CJ to enhance their online image - are you sure you are not a Russian Troll trying to sow seeds of discontent in the classic car community by promoting a frustrating vendor??? ;o)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I know you are just bustin' his chops. Give the kid a break (he said he is 16). He will need to learn all the hard lessons the hard way, just like we did. But a little advice never hurts if it is listened to.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I've been doing business with CJPP for almost 20 years. I have rarely had issues other than occasionally the random stock-out. I've bought through the mail and at their Harrisburg store. Every time I've visited I've been treated with respect and courtesy. I have to surmise that in the majority of issues I read about here and on FB are ones where they could have done a better job keeping the customer informed about the status of their order. Having worked on busy parts counters I can understand how stuff either doesn't get done or falls through the cracks. My "best friend" was a simple school "composition book" that was always by my side to write stuff down to review throughout the day and simply MAKING the time to call people...that part of the job is just as important as answering the phone.
I've been a CJ customer back when the two guys (C&J) circa 1991, were selling takeoff parts out of a red barn on Jonestown Rd. US Rte 22 Harrisburg , Pa too I've had a few glitches over the yrs. but things do change.

I.E. internet. Back in the day one of our primary sources for Mustang parts was the classified's in Hemmings and the MCA mag.
Gimpy

·
Registered
652 Posts
Glad to hear you've had good luck with them. As long as you're pleased with the parts and don't have to contact their support, you should be fine haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been dealing with CJ for a long time. Prices are good on most things. Free shipping is great. Sale prices are good. Points give you an additional discount that helps. Backorders happen on some things. Not usually a problem for me since it is a hobby car and not my daily driver. Website is good but sometimes you type in what I think is the proper description and can't find it. A quick phone call to them and I get an answer. Had one item broken in shipment and they sent a replacement free without having to send back the broken part. When I've called for tech support they have answered my questions. Everyones repo parts are made overseas. Most are all made in the same plants. They often offer more than one quality level which is a good thing. A driver beater does not necessarily need the same level of quality parts as a concours restoration. A lot of the complaints here I don't see as big problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CJ Pony Parts has been a great website since I first signed up for it. Shipping is great and parts quality is perfect! Parts are the exact ones for my car! Also came with grease fittings and cotter pins! Happy to say I will use this again for my project!
I'm happy to hear you've had a good experience with us! If you ever need anything else from us in the future (or anyone else in this thread), please don't hesitate to shoot me a private message and I'll be happy to get you taken care of.

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Back in the day I used to call Creed Stammel and discuss issues, of which there were very few.
Always was treated very fairly, wonder if he is still there.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I ordered about 20 items on Wednesday, and all except one arrived on Friday.
Nothing was damaged.
The rear wiring harness did not arrive, because it was being shipped from another location, as noted on the website.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts