Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the lower cowl for my 66 and it is unusable(without lots of work). Started the return process via email and to their credit, CJPP has been pretty responsive. Maybe they are turning it around! Anyway, this was their response:

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the photo!

Considering the condition of the part and the cost to return it, we do not want it return. Instead, could you please destroy the panel for me? I need to see some pictures of it destroyed beyond repair (so have some fun destroying it!). You can attach the photos to your reply email.

Once I receive proof that the part can no longer be used, I’ll process your refund back to the original payment method. I’m sorry for any inconvenience you’ve had with your order.

Pretty funny. Here is the portion of the panel that would take quite a bit of work to fit right.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Heh, it can already no longer be used. I guess you could cut it up? Even then though it could be argued that it could be used for patching.

Reactions: Israel

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Honestly you can maybe fix that issue..I had a rear trunk lid from them that had a dent on the underside and requested to return it or give me a partial credit so my body man (that’s me) to fix it since it’s on the underside..They said sure we can do that so i email them back and told them $75 to repair it. They gave me a credit on my card..

Besides who’s going to see the lower cowl

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Video of the manly destruction please!

·
Registered
1966 Mustang 289/306 3spd coupe, 1966 Mustang 289 C4 coupe, 1965/64.5 Mustang 289 4spd convertible
1,165 Posts
Oh, the opportunities here... pick axe and sledge hammer, tannerite, big truck, (you don't happen to own a train do you?) Good ol' 000 buck, get creative! Maybe weld a few pieces of tubing on one end in the form of a T-handle, vice it up and roll it up like an old tuna can lid.

·
Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
655 Posts
“Common Angry”,,,
A tube of bathroom caulk would take care of that eeeaaasily…
😄
I had a company do the same with a cracked windshield. Instructed me to “dispose of on-site”. Sent them a few photos of it in its wrapper completely shattered next to my dumpster…

I wonder how much better another would be?

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Honestly you can maybe fix that issue..I had a rear trunk lid from them that had a dent on the underside and requested to return it or give me a partial credit so my body man (that’s me) to fix it since it’s on the underside..They said sure we can do that so i email them back and told them $75 to repair it. They gave me a credit on my card..

Besides who’s going to see the lower cowl
I agree, what you showed in that pic, is still serviceable. It just needs more massaging. Nice fitting panels are extremely hard to come by due to molds not being maintained and worn. Frankly, if that is an example of the worst, it's doable on my watch./

1 - 20 of 88 Posts