Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
The replacement part will be exactly the same. The best chance of anything fitting correctly will be what NPD is sourcing. It still may not fit correctly, but they're at least sourcing the best fitting of what's available.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I don't want to sound like an NPD fanboy because that can be off-putting to some, but they are what they are. Anyway, I'm restoring a 70 F250 right now, ordered wheelhouses for the truck bed and they were completely unusable because they were an inch too short for the length. (As it turns out they're actually for Bronco, not truck but listed for both). I emailed Rick and the Ford products manager at NPD and told them this as an FYI. I never actually heard anything back from that email but was surprised to see that the next time I had checked back to that part, they actually included in the description that it was an inch too short (with measurements) and if you want it to work for a truck, would need an inch section welded into it. Basically everything I had told them. So it's really useful for this type of information to be included.

Reactions: GrayRaceCat

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Yes, your reports/issues made it straight to Ford Product Manager Scott Halseth, who soon-after had me crawling around the bed of one of my F100's measuring wheelhouses LOL.. And you were right, and we discovered that our manufacturer had things "flubbed-up" in their database. The correct pickup wheelhouses are indeed available, and we're working to get a supply of those on the way.

Rick
NPD
Yes, it's too bad you are out of stock of the correct wheelhouse currently, because I had to go elsewhere for one (Jegs who sources it through Golden Star) but it was spot on identical to the original. Theirs was listed for an F100 only, but I know they're the same for 250 as well. For that matter, all of the sheet metal I've had to get for this truck has been phenomenal. Identical to the original. I hope that catches up for Mustangs. I'm surprised at how much original tooling there still is for these parts too.

Except now in my review of the wheel house on your site, it says it's too short even though the listing description now says it as well. So now I look like the ******* that is complaining because I can't read a description, lol.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Well ** I just ordered a ** ton of steak from Applebees then. All arrived in good shape so fingers crossed
My last steak experience at Applebees I did have to order a **** ton of steaks before they finally got it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts