Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
The passenger side fit well. As you can see in the picture, its bent in the wrong place on the driver side. The lip near the windshield is too high. I would need to cut a 1/4" out across half of it and weld it back together. I chose to try a different brand from NPD. I have enough metal fab to do already.

The one from NPD will be test fit today and and if it fits the other one will be cut in half.
Be sure to post a picture of the NPD part for comparison.

Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
The passenger side fit well. As you can see in the picture, its bent in the wrong place on the driver side. The lip near the windshield is too high. I would need to cut a 1/4" out across half of it and weld it back together. I chose to try a different brand from NPD. I have enough metal fab to do already.

The one from NPD will be test fit today and and if it fits the other one will be cut in half.
I see that now. I also noticed you have the wiper pivots bolted in holding everything true. No other good way of making that work other than doing as you stated..
Do we here from afar know you could work that - you bet. But I agree if CJPP is making a refund happen and NPDs example provides a better fit/reduced work,, NPD metal it is!
Anxiously waiting for the next update.. 馃槃

Good luck.

Registered
NPD is great(never had a single problem on an NPD order)....but CJs is fine 95% of the time as well(even if my wheels are STILL on backorder, that isn't really CJs fault, they just dont issue backorder warnings before you place an order which is aggravating)...but as with any of these panels, if the die is bad, it takes awhile for feedback to trickle back up the supply chain....the lower cowls for the '65-66 are a new item after all, they didn't exist when I was replacing my cowl a couple years ago...I had to use a 67 lower cowl and trim it.

Reactions: Lionel Hutz

Registered
I don't want to sound like an NPD fanboy because that can be off-putting to some, but they are what they are. Anyway, I'm restoring a 70 F250 right now, ordered wheelhouses for the truck bed and they were completely unusable because they were an inch too short for the length. (As it turns out they're actually for Bronco, not truck but listed for both). I emailed Rick and the Ford products manager at NPD and told them this as an FYI. I never actually heard anything back from that email but was surprised to see that the next time I had checked back to that part, they actually included in the description that it was an inch too short (with measurements) and if you want it to work for a truck, would need an inch section welded into it. Basically everything I had told them. So it's really useful for this type of information to be included.

Reactions: GrayRaceCat

Vendor
I don't want to sound like an NPD fanboy because that can be off-putting to some, but they are what they are. Anyway, I'm restoring a 70 F250 right now, ordered wheelhouses for the truck bed and they were completely unusable because they were an inch too short for the length. (As it turns out they're actually for Bronco, not truck but listed for both). I emailed Rick and the Ford products manager at NPD and told them this as an FYI. I never actually heard anything back from that email but was surprised to see that the next time I had checked back to that part, they actually included in the description that it was an inch too short (with measurements) and if you want it to work for a truck, would need an inch section welded into it. Basically everything I had told them. So it's really useful for this type of information to be included.
Yes, your reports/issues made it straight to Ford Product Manager Scott Halseth, who soon-after had me crawling around the bed of one of my F100's measuring wheelhouses LOL.. And you were right, and we discovered that our manufacturer had things "flubbed-up" in their database. The correct pickup wheelhouses are indeed available, and we're working to get a supply of those on the way.

Rick
NPD

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Enough said
The NPD cowl will need trimmed before I can fit it. It鈥檚 much thinner gauge than the one from cj even with the e coating. More like the original. The one from cjpp seems like 16 ga.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sent them the pic and an hr later they responded and started the refund. Overall a very pleasant experience. Of course, I would rather have had a part that fit but I really hope this is the new CJPP! Very encouraging.

Registered
1966 Mustang Coupe 302 T5
I don't really think it should be on the customer to have to "destroy" the part and then provide proof also, at least in a situation like this one. A hood might be a little different but still.
Now not only do I have to include the time to deal with the right part but I also have to spend more time with the wrong part? A lot of people don't factor time into the cost of these things until they realize how much was wasted.

Reactions: Lionel Hutz

Registered
Yes, your reports/issues made it straight to Ford Product Manager Scott Halseth, who soon-after had me crawling around the bed of one of my F100's measuring wheelhouses LOL.. And you were right, and we discovered that our manufacturer had things "flubbed-up" in their database. The correct pickup wheelhouses are indeed available, and we're working to get a supply of those on the way.

Rick
NPD
Yes, it's too bad you are out of stock of the correct wheelhouse currently, because I had to go elsewhere for one (Jegs who sources it through Golden Star) but it was spot on identical to the original. Theirs was listed for an F100 only, but I know they're the same for 250 as well. For that matter, all of the sheet metal I've had to get for this truck has been phenomenal. Identical to the original. I hope that catches up for Mustangs. I'm surprised at how much original tooling there still is for these parts too.

Except now in my review of the wheel house on your site, it says it's too short even though the listing description now says it as well. So now I look like the ******* that is complaining because I can't read a description, lol.

Vendor
Except now in my review of the wheel house on your site, it says it's too short even though the listing description now says it as well. So now I look like the *** that is complaining because I can't read a description, lol.
LOL!... Well, considering that a strong percentage of online shoppers never bother to fully-read descriptions, I've gotta leave your original review down there just to warn the folks who skip the description and jump straight to the reviews..

;) ;)

Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
I don't really think it should be on the customer to have to "destroy" the part and then provide proof also, at least in a situation like this one. A hood might be a little different but still.
Now not only do I have to include the time to deal with the right part but I also have to spend more time with the wrong part? A lot of people don't factor time into the cost of these things until they realize how much was wasted.
Ive had to do this a handful of times. Some with small items that just go in the trash or larger items that took a few minutes to 鈥渄estroy鈥 per directions. I actually find this TOTALLY acceptable for any mail order item. Sure the best service is making a return or something like this easy. But given the preponderance of fraud in the world, you may either be giving good product away or hopefully discouraging a small portion of that fraud. I could guarantee it took way less time to cut that thing in half than it would to box up, label and drive down to the FedX or UPS store to ship it back. I鈥檝e also had way more cases of the store asking me to ship something worthless back only for them to lose even more money due to return shipping (shipping fee exceeded the part cost).. Maybe the manufacture has to cover these costs but either way, I feel if they didn鈥檛 request proof of destruction (or return), they are promoting fraud and WILL be taken advantage of.

I was even given a less than expected treatment by NPD when I called to notify them I wanted to return 鈥渢heir best鈥 65 GT grill due to being unusable regardless of all of my photos (in my eyes - as I was unwilling to attempt modification/possibly ruining it).
NPD won鈥檛 refund until they get the part back for inspection - that鈥檚 been my experience. I have no issues with that either as doing otherwise could promote fraud (fraud also includes customers lying or embellishing on the parts condition) . If I get something broke or not as described,, I鈥檓 just happy to get prompt courteous customer support, paid return shipping and a fast refund once received. I have no problem with doing my part getting the item back to them in an as-received condition - if they so request.

On the flip side: Argue or attempt to make me cover return shipping even when it鈥檚 an item issue outside of my control,, You just lost a customer.
Im a firm believer that if you are a mail order service/business model,, covering return shipping when items arrive unusable is a cost of doing business. Not a customer cost because they chose to order from you..
- When it comes to a new business purchase, once I determine they have the item, I am researching their return policy..

41 - 60 of 89 Posts